Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats all this talk about "George Lynch".. losing his chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats all this talk about "George Lynch".. losing his chops?

1/2 the forum members say they have "walked out" of Lynch's clinics,
    and concerts? Doesnt look that way to me! Sure...more restrained...
    but he is "Mature" now! This is from what? a year ago? The MAN!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Honestly the last time i saw George with Lynch Mob
    i left a little disappointed... maybe he was just having a bad night
    though..

Comment

I thought that was pretty damn good!
      1990 Jackson Professional
      1992 Dean ML
      2004 Epiphone Flying V
      2005 Epiphone Dot
      2009 Fender Stratocaster
      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
      2006 Fender P Bass
      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
      Custom Pedalboard
      ADA MP1
      ADA FX2
      Tascam 2488

Comment

Nice tone, cool fiddle!

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa View Post
          Honestly the last time i saw George with Lynch Mob
          i left a little disappointed... maybe he was just having a bad night
          though..
          I thought the same thing when I saw them a few years back. No dynamics at all, every song was the same slab of mush. I'm sure GL can still bring the heat when he puts his mind to it, though.

Comment

He needs to get back to the gear that was becoming his "sound."....soldano's and old Marshalls. On the Dokken live in 95 dvd, he is using Mesa or Peavey or something, and it just doesn't sound right to me. Not that those are bad amps, but vintage Marshalls and soldano SLO's are Lynch's sound. I wish he's stop trying to be modern and go with what he does best. He could be doing what Vai and Satch are doing. And all of these guitarists coming out with signature amps.....like the Lynchbox,,,and in the promos for it, they are saying that Randall was the amp that made Lynch's history,,,blah, blah, blah,.... Whatever,,,,he may have used Randall once for a brief time, but all these lies for money. True fans know what Lynch's famous tone was really based on.
            Last edited by lynchfan6; 12-14-2007, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              1/2 the forum members say they have "walked out" of Lynch's clinics,
              and concerts? Doesnt look that way to me! Sure...more restrained...
              but he is "Mature" now! This is from what? a year ago? The MAN!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

that is from much longer than a year ago bro.

he has all kinds of arm tats now that are missing in that vid. that is several years old, if not like 99 or 2000.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

oh, and let me add, I love Lynch's playing, then and now.

fucker is one of the greatest players ever.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I don't get why people say that either? I'm a huge Lynch fan..here's 2 of his current Sam Ash clinic performances probably around 2 months ago or so when this was taken..quality not too good..but you can tell he's still bad ass! Notice that he's jamming with an off the shelf cheaper ESP LTD model..not his personal M1 tiger that he usually plays on.

Last edited by minh80; 12-16-2007, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    He needs to get back to the gear that was becoming his "sound."....soldano's and old Marshalls. On the Dokken live in 95 dvd, he is using Mesa or Peavey or something, and it just doesn't sound right to me. Not that those are bad amps, but vintage Marshalls and soldano SLO's are Lynch's sound. I wish he's stop trying to be modern and go with what he does best. He could be doing what Vai and Satch are doing. And all of these guitarists coming out with signature amps.....like the Lynchbox,,,and in the promos for it, they are saying that Randall was the amp that made Lynch's history,,,blah, blah, blah,.... Whatever,,,,he may have used Randall once for a brief time, but all these lies for money. True fans know what Lynch's famous tone was really based on.
                    He sounds awesome with the Bogner Uberschall he did a mp3 of here.

Comment

I saw George a few years ago (same tour that everyone said he sucked), and thought he played great. George's style is immediately recognizable, and IMO that is the mark of a great player.

Comment

totally man even down to the way he bends. noone has his note choice either. he will always be my fave alongsode steve lukather

Comment

George Lynch is great, but maybe if he worked on his chops as much as he works on that tan things would be a little different.

Eh, I think he still has chops, maybe not the same chops that made him famous, but still some chops...

Chops...Had to say it.
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Robert, Lynch has gotten better in last year(i saw his 2007 clinc jam video and he owned like on this video you posted).

I think he might have been aware of the fact that at some period of time he was sloppy and played bad.

Anyway i am really happy that he is back!!! i cant' put into words how much i like his playing

Comment

For years now Lynch has been known to be inconsistent. When he's "on", he's great. When he's "off" it can be pretty bad. He just gets up and does what he can do that day. As many people who have seen him play great, just as many have seen an off night. Whatever you see is going to be the impression you get.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X