Chris Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Holmes

I was watching WASP Live at the Lyceum today and tried to catch a good shot of Chris's yellow POS star.I was wondering what pickup he was using.
    Almost looks like a bass pickup from some angles.I'm sure he didn't give a shit and used whatever Charvel put in it.
    Any one know?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I've read somewhere that he used Dimarzio super distortions at least at some point..
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

duncan distortion i believe. with silicon round it to reduce noise further (he did that himself - had few good ideas when it came to guitars).

there is a guy who runs his own chris holmes site - tha address escapes me but it has info on all his guitars. but yeah duncan distortion - sam pickup as lynch on the classic dokken albums.

Comment

Everytime I hear the name I can't help but see the scene with him in the pool during Decline of Western Civilization Pt 2

Comment

Everytime I hear/see his name I think of the Budweiser star!!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

The pickup was melted - that's why it looks the way it does.

Comment

he also used silicone, thats for def. thats part of the look. he hadn't set fire to the star at that point i don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                there is a guy who runs his own chris holmes site - tha address escapes me but it has info on all his guitars. but yeah duncan distortion - sam pickup as lynch on the classic dokken albums.
                That's Jani.

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/chrisholmes

Comment

I am toying with the idea of building a copy of the beat up piss yellow star.Maybe not hit it with a chain saw but beat up pretty bad.
                  There are times in the videos he does some slick tapping and string bends.He is a lot better than he gets credit for.
                  I love the part where he chews on the guitar literally.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Of all the Jackson players out there Chris seemed to be most interested in guitar specs. Nothing was standard about his guitars where as most players went with what was common for the time period. People are often suprised by that.
                    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      Everytime I hear the name I can't help but see the scene with him in the pool during Decline of Western Civilization Pt 2
                      .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O5h...eature=related
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That is one massively wasted dude.

Comment

Working...
                        X