The new megadeth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new megadeth??

Hey all just bored today and was wondering what you guys think of the new megadeth(mustaine,drovers,lamenzo)I had a chance to meet them on the last tour when they playe HOB in orlando.Dave was very nice to me and signed some stuff for me.I told him that I met him in 94 and he was a total ass to me and he apologized.The drovers were cool and I have met james several times before and is always cool.The show was great but I was dissapointed that this line up just doesnt gel like the friedman era or poland era guys did.At least that how I felt.While I was chatting with dave I asked if he thought the old lineup would work things out someday and he said"when they get thier heads out of thier asses"maybe.
    Just looking for some thoughts from you guys..............

I seriously doubt Menza, Friedman or Ellefson have their heads in their asses. Mustaine is, and always will be, a total cock.
    But he writes some good music - I love the latest album, although I didn't care too much for anything else they've done since RIP. I think the soloing on the newest album is brilliant, it really carries the whole thing.

I couldn't care less who's in the band, apart from Ellefson. I really think without him, its not Megadeth.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The new lineup definitely doesn't measure up, IMO. Drums aren't quite there. Solos are flashy, but missing the more unique stylings of old. Actually, the current bassist is pretty good and sings backup well. The live stuff I've seen from them is a little inconsistent. Though Mustaine and Co. definitely have a lot of talent, it often feels/grooves like a business arrangement. That's appropriate, I suppose.

Dave is the master of talking out of his ass, but I don't consider him the giant dick that a lot of people do. Frankly, I don't care that much if artists are nice anyway.

I always wished he'd given more time and opportunity for Menza to come back from his health problems. Marty clearly goes his own way, and will be fine without Megadeth. I don't know what happened between the two Daves, but it's too bad that they couldn't agree on money/control. Ellefson seemed to balance out Mustaine's crazy ideas when I saw them speaking on behalf of the band.

Comment

Ellefson sued dave for 18 million and lost.menza lied about the cancer on his knee to get otu of megadeth.marty did not want to play old school metal anymore.menza was set to rejoin them but he doesnt like sean drover who was going to be his drum tech and glen was not amused,elefson wanted more money to return and dave said no,marty was to interested in how much things were going to cost production wise so dave said screw it and got another band together.i do belive that they lineup will get back together at some point.
        Last edited by BODOM; 01-01-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I Like the new album as well but was dissapointed that it seems that the album doesnt flow well to me.the best songs are the first 5 and the rest are just ok at best.Also they used alot of licks from previous songs for the new ones and the intro to washington is next is the exact same guitar line from wasted years by iron maiden?also if you watch the Making of youthenasia video you can hear marty playing the main lick for never walk alone in 93.
          Last edited by BODOM; 01-01-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The last 2 albums are the only ones since RIP I've been able to listen to.
            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by BODOM View Post
              Ellefson sued dave for 18 million and lost.menza lied about the cancer on his knee to get otu of megadeth.marty did not want to play old school metal anymore.menza was set to rejoin them but he doesnt like sean drover who was going to be his drum tech and glen was not amused,elefson wanted more money to return and dave said no,marty was to interested in how much things were going to cost production wise so dave said screw it and got another band together.i do belive that they lineup will get back together at some point.
              Did that all come from Mustaine?
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just about to say that. I see you saw that recent interview.
                It sounded like Dave Mustaine wants the old line up back, but just right now they're not ready for it. I think this lineup is meant to be temporary.

Comment

The last 2 albums are very good,imo. But the the solos sounds non-special. Especially the last album. The solos are played just to be there. They don't sound anything unique. I always say that, Glen Drover's a YouTube shredder in leather pants. Technically, he's very good. But phrasing ? Don't think so.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The Drovers rule in their abilities, and writing. Glen is one of the best riff generators out there. He's been at it before the the dawn of grunge. ..it shows.

I prefer the Drovers over ANYONE in the Deth camp..even over the awesome Marty..fuck Chris Poland...and fuck Al "I'm douche" Petrelli..

The last Megadeth cd is their very BEST since RIP..IMO!!! Hmmm..Prolly has something to do with the Drovers..and that's only the beginnning.

But, I'm a huge Eidolon fan..a band better than what anyone else in the so-called Megacamp has done..with the exception of Cacophony. I have all Chris Poland's other works..I don't know why..they blow!

That's what I think!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      Did that all come from Mustaine?
                      yes that came from dave in a recent inetrview.dave has never been shy about talking about old band members

Comment

I like the new line up. They all are definately capable of doing what dave wants to accomplish. but like most, I wouldn't mind having the RIP era line up back. A lot of people consider than line up to be what megadeth really is, but in reality Megadeth is Dave Mustaine. Dave started the band and its always been his. Every member thats been in Megadeth has been nothing but hired guns and thats the way Dave wants it. There was only one founding father of Megadeth, and that was Dave Mustaine.

Comment

As far as Mega guitarists Chris Poland IS THE SHIT, One of a handful of truly unique sounding players around today, LOVE his stuff since Megadeth as well
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
                            As far as Mega guitarists Chris Poland IS THE SHIT, One of a handful of truly unique sounding players around today, LOVE his stuff since Megadeth as well

I agree, it's shit alright..especially eveything he's EVER done since Megadeth!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yes that came from dave in a recent inetrview.dave has never been shy about talking about old band members
                              *pinch of salt*, then...

consider the one-sided source. I love his playing and fire, but still...
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X