No announcement yet.

The new megadeth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a classic JCF thread where Clevo-John and I got to meet and hang all day with The Drovers/Eidolon...http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...horns666+rules

They did their set at our rehearsal spot at John's place..Very cool guys and players indeed..

There is NOTHING "flashy" about Glen's playing..he's very laid back and plays for the music..he just has some very polished and ORIGINAL chops. His writing is extremely original!!!!

Shawn is a fucking MONSTER on drums..lots od power with a rock solid meter!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      There is NOTHING "flashy" about Glen's playing..he's very laid back and plays for the music..he just has some very polished and ORIGINAL chops. His writing is extremely original!!!!
      Hmm... I kind of think of him as shred sausage. He sounds in parts like a bunch of different guitarists. He does have great polished chops, but I always feel like there's a lot of spew in his solos that just doesn't fit the song. Note: this often happens when he's interpreting someone else's melodies (and I would kill to have his skills) .

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
        Hmm... I kind of think of him as shred sausage. He sounds in parts like a bunch of different guitarists. He does have great polished chops, but I always feel like there's a lot of spew in his solos that just doesn't fit the song. Note: this often happens when he's interpreting someone else's melodies (and I would kill to have his skills) .
        Nah..he's all about the music. Actually, I thought he came across more impressive on record than in person. His playing is very effortless..he seems not to try. He never "Headbanged" until he joined Megadeth..he just stood there with Eidolon and King Diamond..his playing did the talkin'

He's good friends with Joe Stump..Joe came to Cleveland to watch Eidolon play amoung other bands.

It's uber nice they gave John and I kudos on their Apostles of Defiance cd.

Glen and Shwan have mad skill...Dave KNOWS how to pick 'em,. He was goiing to pick Jeff Loomis when Chris left..but Jeff looked like a 13 year old kid at the time. That would have been much too embarasing for Dave..which is the reason why he went with Marty.

What I wnt to know is..How can anyone enjoy Chris Poland's efforts after Megadeth..I have them all..and they are quite lame and very unmetal..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nah..he's all about the music. Actually, I thought he came across more impressive on record than in person. His playing is very effortless..he seems not to try. He never "Headbanged" until he joined Megadeth..he just stood there with Eidolon and King Diamond..his playing did the talkin'

He's good friends with Joe Stump..Joe came to Cleveland to watch Eidolon play amoung other bands.

It's uber nice they gave John and I kudos on their Apostles of Defiance cd.

Glen and Shwan have mad skill...Dave KNOWS how to pick 'em,. He was goiing to pick Jeff Loomis when Chris left..but Jeff looked like a 13 year old kid at the time. That would have been much too embarasing for Dave..which is the reason why he went with Marty.

What I wnt to know is..How can anyone enjoy Chris Poland's efforts after Megadeth..I have them all..and they are quite lame and very unmetal..
          You mean Jeff young instead of Marty...

Comment

Jeff loomis Did audition for megadeth at 16 was it so that would make more sense if bill's talkin bout loomis...

I've got the last two albums UA and TSHF both good discs...

I don't mind the new lineup at least you don't have two guys with massive ego's fighting for control like metallica...

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
              You mean Jeff young instead of Marty...
              no, he means Jeff Loomis

yo, Bill. I like Chris's post-Deth stuff. You're right, it's very unmetal. But I dig fusion too, and the Ohm stuff is very good
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                no, he means Jeff Loomis

yo, Bill. I like Chris's post-Deth stuff. You're right, it's very unmetal. But I dig fusion too, and the Ohm stuff is very good
                No I think he meant that Bill meant to say Jeff Loomis was a candidate before Dave chose Jeff Young, not before he chose Marty.

I like the new CD better than anything they've done since Youthanasia. As far as Glen goes...he always has some cool way to start the solo, but then it dissolves into mindless YouTube shredding.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BODOM View Post
                  yes that came from dave in a recent inetrview.dave has never been shy about talking about old band members

Yeah, well maybe it's a teeny bit biased then? I wonder if those guys would agree with what Dave says about them?
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                    Yeah, well maybe it's a teeny bit biased then? I wonder if those guys would agree with what Dave says about them?
                    Well, the whole thing about Ellefson suing him is true, so I'd be inclined to believe the rest.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Well, the whole thing about Ellefson suing him is true, so I'd be inclined to believe the rest.
                      Maybe Ellefson had good reason for that. He did have a hand in the songwriting that made the band's name.
                      I seem to recall Nick Menza saying he was waiting on Mustaine to call him to come back in the band, and the call never came.

There's two sides to every story, and when it's Dave Mustaine that's doing the talking, I'd rather hear the other side. He's a well known arsehole.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Bill you might be the only person who likes Glen Drover so much and hates Poland. Glen himself thinks Poland is one of the best out there. He always answers the "what's you fav. Deth solo?" question "anything Poland" I also always thought he does sound a bit like Poland. Especially his vibrato (all over the place ) and fast picking sounds like Poland and both can't phrase well But I guess what you like more about Glen is his riffing
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Yeah, I likes the Riffage. Glen comes up with the coolest, crunchiest, and "evil" riffiaggios ..that speak to me. In fact, Glen is kinda on the same page as I am when approaching the riff!

To me a good song is all about the riff.. Noodling your ass of is cool..but it all comes down to the hook, the groove and THE RIFF. If a "song" doesn't have that..fuggums.

Chris is a great player..but I hate his writing! To me it sounds like shredding over Weather channel music. In any of his songs in those links..I could hear the words.."Partly cloudy with a chance of snow flurries"..ya know.

I can hang with the best fusion bassist on Earth..I just hate listening to it!!!

Comment

Dave was pleasure to talk to this time unlike our encounter in 94 when I asked to shake his hand he told me to fuck off.this time he was very easy to deal with and signed a Cd for me and gave me a pick.I wanted to ask him about jacksons but didnt want to be overly rude.I think the drovers are good musicians but I just dont feel that they are right for megadeth.For those of you who say megadeth is only dave i disagree just doesnt feel like MD without junior.

Comment

I have been a huge megadeth fan for a very long time , i have seen the lineups change and change, and its true the drovers are very good musicians, and i like the new lineup, but lets face it .. its not megadeth . atleast in the past you always had ellefson but now with out him its def not the same . megadeth to me is :
                              Mustiane- one of the greatest frontmen of all time
                              Ellefson- mustaines right hand man from the start
                              Friedman- Greatest Deth guitarist
                              Menza- The face behind the drums we all know

hopefully we will see this lineup again
                              Last edited by KBRR; 01-03-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                no, he means Jeff Loomis

You have misunderstood me.

I shall re-bolden(?)

He went from Chris Poland, to Jeff Young then Marty Friedman.

What's written above suggests that Dave went from Chris straight to Marty.

Comment

Working...
                                X