The new megadeth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
    I have been a huge megadeth fan for a very long time , i have seen the lineups change and change, and its true the drovers are very good musicians, and i like the new lineup, but lets face it .. its not megadeth . atleast in the past you always had ellefson but now with out him its def not the same . megadeth to me is :
    Mustiane- one of the greatest frontmen of all time
    Ellefson- mustaines right hand man from the start
    Friedman- Greatest Deth guitarist
    Menza- The face behind the drums we all know

hopefully we will see this lineup again
    Megadeth is Dave Mustaine and his hired hands. Ellefson was employee of the year for a couple of decades, then got the delusion that he owned the place and sued. The fact he DIDN'T own the place is proven by the fact that he lost, and hasn't done anything of note since. F5 is not notable if you're thinking of replying with that.

I think the RIP lineup is definitive too, but magic is a fleeting thing and even if you got them all back together, that thrill is gone IMO. They would be returning because the other things they've tried have failed, with the exception of Marty. I think the current lineup with the addition of Chris Broderick will be killer.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Given the choice between seeing the current Megadeth lineup on the Heaven and Hell tour, or going to the bar untill Sabbath hit the stage was easy for us. Nobody cared about Dave and hired hands. If it was the RIP members, you couldn't keep us away. IMO, there was only 1 band worth seeing that night and it was Black Sabbath with Dio.

Comment

That's funny, because Dave and co. were tighter on that tour then any time I saw them with Menza and Friedman.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
          Megadeth is Dave Mustaine and his hired hands. Ellefson was employee of the year for a couple of decades, then got the delusion that he owned the place and sued. The fact he DIDN'T own the place is proven by the fact that he lost, and hasn't done anything of note since. F5 is not notable if you're thinking of replying with that.

I think the RIP lineup is definitive too, but magic is a fleeting thing and even if you got them all back together, that thrill is gone IMO. They would be returning because the other things they've tried have failed, with the exception of Marty. I think the current lineup with the addition of Chris Broderick will be killer.
          that's pretty much how I've always felt about them too. To me, Megadeth was always the 2 Daves and whoever else was on the payroll at the time of recording.

When I first got into Megadeth, Jeff Young was the guitarist & I thought he was GREAT! Next album, and they've got some other guy. The period with Marty & Menza in the band was a definitive one, but it was just one chapter in the band's history. It just coincided with the band's greatest success, which is why so many people feel that that is the "true" Megadeth. But really, Marty was, what, 3rd lead guitarist to record with the band & came in 5 years into the band's recording career? And that's not considering the revolving door of musos that pass through bands before they finally solidify the lineup and start releasing albums.

While we're on the topic, I want the real Nevermore to get back together. Y'know, the proper version, the classic lineup, before Broderick.... uh..Smyth.... uh..Calvert... no..O'Brien... actually, before those guys it was just Loomis. Yea, that version. Anything else sullies the good name of Nevermore. Right?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
            That's funny, because Dave and co. were tighter on that tour then any time I saw them with Menza and Friedman.
            easily the same here, a much better rhythm section was the reason. Band sounded peppier too, not as plodding as they did with Menza/Ellefson. .

I bought Killing and Peace Sells pretty much the day they came out, so that was 'deth to me. The RIP version was 3 lineups later, the band was a lot less progressive in overall approach by then, and they seemed like hired hands and session players, as much as anybody else. However the Friedman lineup produced Countdown, thankfully.

Comment

I think it's not about being permanent but it's just about success. I mean, people want the RIP line-up because it was the best Megadeth on all aspects (at least for people who think like me) not because it lasted longer. I wouldn't mind seeing that line-up together for one more album and then break up again, but Dave's not the same anymore and so is Marty so we would get an album which is a mix of TSHF and UA with better solos and drumming imo

I still like what Megadeth does but not as much and imo Dave needs someone who has innovative ideas, someone who can even effect Dave not somebody just to write solos.

I'm still hoping Dave to do something with Hetfield, who knows
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
                Given the choice between seeing the current Megadeth lineup on the Heaven and Hell tour, or going to the bar untill Sabbath hit the stage was easy for us. Nobody cared about Dave and hired hands. If it was the RIP members, you couldn't keep us away. IMO, there was only 1 band worth seeing that night and it was Black Sabbath with Dio.
                Then you missed out on a badass performance. Dave and the crew kicked fucking ass that night, with the exception of Glen... his solos were booring and lifeless.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                  . I wouldn't mind seeing that line-up together for one more album and then break up again, .

D
                  The whole lineup isn't required, Marty and anyone else filling out the band would make you happy!

Comment

Gonna be interesting to hear this new lineup.
                    But, to be honest i haven't heard much of brodericks stuff at all, can someone please recommend some actual SONGS with him, not just random shredding videos on youtube? He seems like a great player for sure so it would be nice to hear.

Comment

As much as I love the RIP line-up I gotta say the tightest live versions were the subsequent ones. The TWNAH version with Al was great, the Drover brothers version of the band was amazing. I know that they'll do well with Broderick, hell, the rest of the band is already asshole tight, all he has to do is fall in line.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
                        As much as I love the RIP line-up I gotta say the tightest live versions were the subsequent ones. The TWNAH version with Al was great, the Drover brothers version of the band was amazing. I know that they'll do well with Broderick, hell, the rest of the band is already asshole tight, all he has to do is fall in line.
                        +1,000,000!

Omar, nice to see you back. Where the hell you been?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post

+ a gagillion..the Drovers fuggin ruled in 'Deth..and still do in Eidolon!!!!!

Glen/Shawn are awesome players, and most important they can WRITE awesome >>>METAL<<<< songs!!!

What people don't know is Shawn is a hell of a guitarist..so Dave had THREE guitarsts contributing riffage.

BTW.. wassup dude..where in the fuck have you been hiding?
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey dudes! Yeah, I've been outta town a lot. My grandma died last labor day and I went down to Miami to spend some time with my mom during her mourning. Turned out I got spoiled and missed being in the town I grew up in so I was back in NY but every free couple days I would head back down south. It's been a brutal winter boys, would you be in NY when you could spend time eating you mom's cooking and going to the beach every day?

Either way, my work schedule got tight again so I'll have to be around more often it seems. LOL.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

In any case, back to the Megadeth thing. They have always been good to great live, never bad and after loosing Marty it's been a lot better. As much as I love the guy he was the weak link in Dave's machine that kept them from truly being great every night. But that's the price you pay for doing those crazy micro bends and weirdo vibrato while on stage, if you can't hear yourself right the exotic stuff is just gonna sound weird. If I'm doing vibrato of that sort I know I HAVE to hear myself or it will be wrong ... close but still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                + a gagillion..the Drovers fuggin ruled in 'Deth..and still do in Eidolon!!!!!

Glen/Shawn are awesome players, and most important they can WRITE awesome >>>METAL<<<< songs!!!

What people don't know is Shawn is a hell of a guitarist..so Dave had THREE guitarsts contributing riffage.

BTW.. wassup dude..where in the fuck have you been hiding?

I heard that Shawn's guitar playing's better than his drumming.
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X