No announcement yet.

The new megadeth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, at the first year's Gigantour Megadeth jammed on ... wait I was drunk and I'm gonna say "Symphony Of Destruction" but don't quote me on it. What was memorable was that Mike Portnoy played drums so Shawn could play one of the solos in the song and he played it spot on.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Never bad live? I saw them on Peace Sells and they were horrible. I was really pissed. I didn't catch them again until Marty's last show. That time they kicked ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
        Hey dudes! Yeah, I've been outta town a lot. My grandma died last labor day and I went down to Miami to spend some time with my mom during her mourning. Turned out I got spoiled and missed being in the town I grew up in so I was back in NY but every free couple days I would head back down south. It's been a brutal winter boys, would you be in NY when you could spend time eating you mom's cooking and going to the beach every day?

Either way, my work schedule got tight again so I'll have to be around more often it seems. LOL.
        Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'd also want to be in Florida to avoid this cold NY/NJ weather, too!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks man. Well as it is I'm grounded for a week or two and yesterday was my mom's birthday! Staffing issues at work, somebody's gotta be there to make sure old people get the fuck out and new people know their jobs.

I could almost beg Megadeth to record a short video of the new band's rehearsals. Just a camcorder on a tripod, nothing fancy. I just wanna see how they are coming together. Anytime Megadeth changes line ups I get nervous as all heck till I actually hear them play. Well, except Al, I loved the idea of Al in 'deth the moment I heard it.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Agreed on all points, Omar. I think Chris' backing vocals will be an upgrade from Glen's as well as the playing.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

New record sucked. The occasional hook, but it just didn't hold together. Dave might write everything, but he needs to have someone around that doesn't just tell him how great whatever he comes up with is. That was the value of previous band members.

Plus, it could have done without the flavor-of-the-month producer, Andy Sneap. Never thought I'd say Shania Twain's husband did a good job for Megadeth, but by comparison he was great.

The Drovers both suck. Fat, sleepwalking zombies that do everything by the numbers. I used to complain that Pitrelli could only copy Marty's solos, but at least he could also copy the feel of Marty's solos. Glen just noodles the notes.

But Lomenzo, I must say, is very good on bass. He covered everything on a four-string, with his fingers, where Junior needed five-strings and picks. Never missed his backup vocal cues, which they previously needed recordings for. And of course it was nice not to have to look at that previous guy with the Elfquest hairdo and all the tattoos.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Svart View Post
                even if that line-up would come back together again... there's no guarantee we'll get the RIP magic going on... might even be another risk in the making methinks...
                That lineup didn't make Risk. Nick was out.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                X