No announcement yet.

It's Chris Broderick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I was hoping Nevermore were going to offer Broderick a place in the band. I've not seen Broderick play with Nevermore in the flesh but all of the youtube footage is outstanding. I just can't see Megadeth as a good move for him.

Comment

Chris hasn't played with Nevermore for a long time now...he's been back with Jag Panzer.

Comment

Did he not do a Japanese tour at the end of last year?

Comment

awesome!!!!!
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
            Damn. I was hoping Nevermore were going to offer Broderick a place in the band. I've not seen Broderick play with Nevermore in the flesh but all of the youtube footage is outstanding. I just can't see Megadeth as a good move for him.
            Sorry but you can't get much better than Megadeth imo
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I really cant wait to see the end product.... Dave+Chris= ?

It can suck if he overshreds it though
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Chris hasn't played with Nevermore for a long time now...he's been back with Jag Panzer.
                He was re-recruted after his last stand in...

I was really hoping to hear Chris write with Nevermore...I think Chris and Jeff brainstorming new stuff would result in some cool shit!

I think it is such a waste if Chris is the guy...Unless he is just being used because he can play anything on quick notice...That makes sense...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Chris Broderick's joining Megadeth is just a rumor right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the band.

I'm not sure that Chris was ever a permanent member of Nevermore, but I know that he has worked with them off-and-on for years, including 2007.

Chris really is an awesome player, and was great with Jag Panzer. The man he replaced, Joey Taffola, smoked as well- "The Fourth Judgement" is one of my favorite power-metal discs.

But I will defend Glenn Drover- I thought he was a good player and fit Megadeth well.
                  GM,
                  www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                    Hey, wassup dude!!

Yeah..Chris was just helpin' out when they were stuck for a second geetar player..that was several years ago!!!

It's just metal brohams helpin' brohams..that kinda shit!

It didn't get better than Megadeth until Nevermore came along. Then it was ALL about Nevermore..well, in MY world anywhoos. Yeesh, what band/player have I been CONSTANTLY yappin' about since day one here..like a broken record...Nevermore..Nevermore..fuggin' Nevermore...

I'm a Nevermore groupie and whatnots..actually I think they have a restraining order on me!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Broderick filled in on the last tour as well after Steve had his medical stuff come up. If the DVD ever comes out, I believe he's the second guitarist on it. Woots.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                        Broderick filled in on the last tour as well after Steve had his medical stuff come up. If the DVD ever comes out, I believe he's the second guitarist on it. Woots.
                        Yes, That's true..but Chris helped NM out before Steve was in the band too.

I wonder if Joey Tafolla is goinf back to JP..or maybe Chrsi copuld juggle both. Jag Panzer don't do that much touring anywhoo..and they haven't put out anything in a few years, since "Casting the stone".

You wanna know what's fucked up..I'm thanked in two album credits..Jag Panzer's and Eidolon's..and both guitarist are connected to Megadeth...WTF is that about???

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Yes, That's true..but Chris helped NM out before Steve was in the band too.

I wonder if Joey Tafolla is goinf back to JP..or maybe Chrsi copuld juggle both. Jag Panzer don't do that much touring anywhoo..and they haven't put out anything in a few years, since "Casting the stone".

You wanna know what's fucked up..I'm thanked in two album credits..Jag Panzer's and Eidolon's..and both guitarist are connected to Megadeth...WTF is that about???
                          If we release an album soon I'll thank you for sure Bill

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                          I think it is such a waste if Chris is the guy...Unless he is just being used because he can play anything on quick notice...That makes sense...
                          Don't get me wrong, Nevermore is one of my favorite bands but being in Megadeth is a great chance for Chris to show his writing skills.

Big bands like Megadeth have to care for every single note they write/play Think about it like this; Nevermore doesn't have one single riff like the Symphony of Destruction riff. Not that I think it's better than the Nevermore stuff but the point is you have to put out the absolute maximum of yourself about everything you do otherwise you can't make "that simple" riffs listenable by masses I'm sorry to say that but unless it's your favorite band or something people don't listen to the less known bands' stuff "that" carefully. Because it's only another band from the arsenal. But when it's Megadeth, Maiden, Priest etc. most people listen to the songs with really high expectations and that's why people make lots of posts in Megadeth threads although a lot of them think the latest stuff isn't good and isn't going to be good again

Anything Chris does with Nevermore had the chance of getting lost in the metal music history but now it's not like that.. And I'm sure Chris himself is happy with the situation and sees it as a big chance for his career..
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                            If we release an album soon I'll thank you for sure Bill

Don't get me wrong, Nevermore is one of my favorite bands but being in Megadeth is a great chance for Chris to show his writing skills.

Big bands like Megadeth have to care for every single note they write/play Think about it like this; Nevermore doesn't have one single riff like the Symphony of Destruction riff. Not that I think it's better than the Nevermore stuff but the point is you have to put out the absolute maximum of yourself about everything you do otherwise you can't make "that simple" riffs listenable by masses I'm sorry to say that but unless it's your favorite band or something people don't listen to the less known bands' stuff "that" carefully. Because it's only another band from the arsenal. But when it's Megadeth, Maiden, Priest etc. most people listen to the songs with really high expectations and that's why people make lots of posts in Megadeth threads although a lot of them think the latest stuff isn't good and isn't going to be good again

Anything Chris does with Nevermore had the chance of getting lost in the metal music history but now it's not like that.. And I'm sure Chris himself is happy with the situation and sees it as a big chance for his career..
                            Well, Thank you..and that is a very good point!

Comment

who's chris broderick??

(seriously, i've nevr heard of him)

Comment

Did you bother reading the rest of the thread? Might help.
                                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                                X