No announcement yet.

It's Chris Broderick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Chris Broderick! I am certainly impressed, much better than going with Jeff Waters, but Wow! The Guy shreds faster than a greyhound with an arseful of dynamite, plus he can play Classical really well aswell. Though, I'm not sure if he has a "Style" like Marty with his exotic bends and odd scales, or Paul Gilbert with his bouncy, heavy picked licks, but I think I'll be able to hear some distinction in his playing later.

Comment

Is it really such a big thing for this guys career? Did it do anything for Al Pitrelli?
      At the end of the day, if the next Megadeth album is shit, no one will care about Chris Broderick. Even at that - United Abominations is a cracking album yet so many people think Drovers work on it sucks. I just can't figure that out.

And TSHF? I listened to that again today to see why so many people go on about Chris Polands leads on it. The album is a complete load of commercial shit, it's about as heavy as Risk most of it, and Poland's soloing is nowhere near as good as his previous work in the band, OR his work on his solo stuff. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the solos on TSHF are fucking horrible.

Taste eh? It's mad!
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

About as heavy as Risk? Come on.

EDIT for clarity: There's nothing on Risk that touches BTU or Kick The Chair for speed and technicality, there's no acoustic ballad (Time I), pop leftover (Ecstasy), or Wanted Dead Or Alive: The Return (Wanderlust). If you don't like the album, that's one thing, but that statement is completely incorrect.
        Last edited by Sinistas; 01-08-2008, 03:36 PM.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          Is it really such a big thing for this guys career? Did it do anything for Al Pitrelli?
          At the end of the day, if the next Megadeth album is shit, no one will care about Chris Broderick. Even at that - United Abominations is a cracking album yet so many people think Drovers work on it sucks. I just can't figure that out.

And TSHF? I listened to that again today to see why so many people go on about Chris Polands leads on it. The album is a complete load of commercial shit, it's about as heavy as Risk most of it, and Poland's soloing is nowhere near as good as his previous work in the band, OR his work on his solo stuff. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the solos on TSHF are fucking horrible.

Taste eh? It's mad!
          But there's a point you're missing. I'm assuming he writes some good stuff.

I personally think Drover sucked bad, I don't like Poland either and TSHF was a way better album than UA imo. Most people like UA more because it was heavier but still TSHF is a heavy sounding album..

As far as Al Pitrelli goes and how much joining Megadeth will help Brodericks's career, think about Glen and you'll see for yourself. How many of the people that know him now used to listen to his stuff before Megadeth?

Now Broderick's old stuff is going to be listened maybe 10 times more. I'm sure there are hundreds of Megafans who haven't listened Jag Panzer yet and they will be listening to it a lot in the following few days Broderick's work is going to surface in a way..

What I expect from Chris is in fact bringing a bit of modern sound to Megadeth, a little more guitar oriented music with heavier & more modern riffs even maybe some 7 string stuff. I'm one of those men who thinks even Risk was a great album when considered on its own. The point is whatever he does he can nail it so some more modern stuff wouldn't be bad either!
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
            About as heavy as Risk? Come on.

EDIT for clarity: There's nothing on Risk that touches BTU or Kick The Chair for speed and technicality, there's no acoustic ballad (Time I), pop leftover (Ecstasy), or Wanted Dead Or Alive: The Return (Wanderlust). If you don't like the album, that's one thing, but that statement is completely incorrect.
            Incorrect in your opinion maybe, not mine. I did say "about" as heavy.
            I didn't actually sit down and take detailed notes on how heavy each song sounds, it was just the overall impression I got from listening again to the album.
            And BTW, I'm not knocking the album for not being heavy, I actually quite like Risk, I think it's a well written album. I'm knocking TSHF because I think it's garbage. Maybe it's a bit heavier (really? not much, honest), maybe it's more "technical", but I'd rather listen to "Crush 'Em", "Breadline" (or whatever it was called) or even "Wanderlust" than anything on TSHF.

Like I say, taste eh? I also love Cryptic Writings, but dont like Youthanasia. I love RIP and KIMB but dont like Peace Sells, CTE or SFSGSW all that much.
            Megadeth are a funny band, everyone likes them for different things.

Comment

Opinion has nothing to do with it - the approach on Risk is hard rock, the approach on TSHF is metal. Much less clean guitar overall. Double bass. More complex riffing and soloing. Don't get me wrong, I like Risk, have since Capitol had it streaming on their website before it came out. It's still, by far, the least heavy album they've done.

Comment

I'm psyched about CB because we'll finally hear Friedman solos nailed for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                  I'm psyched about CB because we'll finally hear Friedman solos nailed for once.
                  I thought Pitrelli did a pretty good job of that, and seemingly effortlessly too.
                  That guy had a lot to offer I thought.

Comment

I thought Pitrelli did a pretty good job of that, and seemingly effortlessly too.
                    Pitrelli was the best after Marty imo And I don't think Chris can do as good as him and to be clear I'm not speaking about playing

And as a side note, I already started to prepare myself for the "Marty vs. Chris" discussions
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                      But there's a point you're missing. I'm assuming he writes some good stuff.

I personally think Drover sucked bad, I don't like Poland either and TSHF was a way better album than UA imo. Most people like UA more because it was heavier but still TSHF is a heavy sounding album..

As far as Al Pitrelli goes and how much joining Megadeth will help Brodericks's career, think about Glen and you'll see for yourself. How many of the people that know him now used to listen to his stuff before Megadeth?

Now Broderick's old stuff is going to be listened maybe 10 times more. I'm sure there are hundreds of Megafans who haven't listened Jag Panzer yet and they will be listening to it a lot in the following few days Broderick's work is going to surface in a way..

What I expect from Chris is in fact bringing a bit of modern sound to Megadeth, a little more guitar oriented music with heavier & more modern riffs even maybe some 7 string stuff. I'm one of those men who thinks even Risk was a great album when considered on its own. The point is whatever he does he can nail it so some more modern stuff wouldn't be bad either!
                      Hmm, well, we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if Dave gets rid of him before the next album is even recorded. ANd if he doesn't Dave will probably not allow much input from anyone else anyway!
                      Time will tell.

Comment

Pitrelli was decent but always flubbed Tornado. Glen was better, but not a whole lot. Eesh.

Comment

Al Pitrelli was and is a great player.I think , Chris Poland's work on TSHF was very regular stuff. Nothing special. And Glen's just a shredder. Jeff Young was a shredder ,too,mostly. When I talk about Megadeth, Marty's a natural winner for me. I can't even think otherwise. But Al's the second after him, cause he's a solo player, not a shredder.

I think , Chris Broderick will put some interesting stuff in the music,with a different point of view.And I think he's gonna play the solos very close to the originals, cause he's also a classical guitar player, which means he's very used to playing "note to note" stuff.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Ok this is a link that gives you the search result for "Jag Panzer" in youtube sorted according to the view count.

His "betcha can't play this" video has 406,344 hits
                            His "solo duel with Loomis" video has 341,533 hits
                            and an actual video of Jag Panzer has only 25,816 hits

We'll see in a couple weeks. His solo on that video is worse than most of the Glen solos btw

Edit: forgot the link DUHHH

Last edited by NextInLine; 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM.
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Megadeth not helping Pitrelli's career...well hello, Pitrelli is a session player, he has worked with bigger acts than Megadeth, session musicians have chosed to do sessions not be poster boys for pissed off teenagers. That's his career.

How many of you know Michael Landau... I bet a lot of you don't... I guess he has a shitty career too lol
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X