I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      Unfortunate for us, huh?
      Another one to pin on Mr. Hammett! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by RD
        That was the Jager talking...
        Yeah... well, a choice between alcoholism and maintaining a cool image in the books of nerdy fanboys like me... not really a choice now is it?

This thread is going places.

Comment

This is the coolest thread this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
            Yeah... well, a choice between alcoholism and maintaining a cool image in the books of nerdy fanboys like me... not really a choice now is it?
            so he chose alcoholism?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

wow i never cared that kirk hat to wait for his guitar to be glued....and i still don't hahaha thanx for the odd piece of info there!!!

i feel sorry for the poor jackson, even if there's nothing special about it exactly. it shouldn't be treated so cruely by being allowed into the hands of such a terrible player. i say we campaign for it's release!!

Comment

That there black Rhoads was one of the very first Jacksons that most folks got to see. There was a clear shot of it on the sleeve on "Master Of Puppets" for example, and that sold in pretty big numbers.
                I'd go so far as to say that this guitar was probably responsible for more sales of Jackson guitars than any other....

Comment

That's the guitar that got me interested in Jacksons .
                  Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    That there black Rhoads was one of the very first Jacksons that most folks got to see. There was a clear shot of it on the sleeve on "Master Of Puppets" for example, and that sold in pretty big numbers.
                    I'd go so far as to say that this guitar was probably responsible for more sales of Jackson guitars than any other....

That might be true. Actually, I was looking at his Jackson and wondering " why doesn't he play this one all the time?" when I was 14. And his guitar was the first introduction of me with the Rhoads shape. And for an unknown reason, a friend of mine used to call the Rhoads shape " delta"
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                      Unfortunate for us, huh?
                      burn!

Comment

Maybe, then again, at that time Metallica were still pretty much unknown to the wider world, only metal-heads really knew them and they were still just another band in the pack with Anthrax and Slayer etc.
                        I think I remember noting Kirk Hammett was playing the same guitar as Mille Petrozza of Kreator (could be wrong, it was a loooooong time ago, maybe Kirk had his first?), and it was actually James Hetfield's King V that gave me a boner after he dropped the Gibson Vs.

Rather than being one guitar in particular, I think it was stunning good luck (or very canny marketing) to get all the upcoming bands of the day to use Jacksons which made them so desirable.
                        Scott Ian's white RR, the one on the SOD cover was the one I really wanted, then Dan Spitz had some with natty graphics. Jeff Hanneman's Soloists, fucking hell, even Dave Mustaine ditched the Bich and had a sexy King V, they were everywhere in all the rising bands. Even people like Kiss and Maiden were using them, and they were visible in videos by bands like Stryper and Ratt etc.

I just HAD to have one. Kirk who? Oh yeah, I remember, he had one too.

Oh, and there was this other bloke who had a really nice one. That geezer who used to play with Ozzy but got killed in a plane crash. He even coincidentally had the same surname as the guitar! What luck! (Although back then I think I still referred to it as a Sharkfin)
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          What bridge is on that? Is that the same style bridge as the JCF-01?

yessir.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            Scott Ian's white RR, the one on the SOD cover was the one I really wanted, then Dan Spitz had some with natty graphics. Jeff Hanneman's Soloists, fucking hell, even Dave Mustaine ditched the Bich and had a sexy King V, they were everywhere in all the rising bands. Even people like Kiss and Maiden were using them, and they were visible in videos by bands like Stryper and Ratt etc.
                            how about Scott's NOT Soloist? Loved that one
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Scott's white Rhoads and those camo 4x12s
                              It just don't get any better.

Comment

Does anyone know if the RR is still about? I'm pretty sure those original 4x12s went up in flames with a load of other Anthrax gear a few years ago.
                                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                                X