X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Rainbow live stuff

I never heard of the singer before, but he's good:

bunch of tunes from the same show is there, great quality, here's one:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rainbow flat out kicked fuckin' ass...

First real impression was the concert Mtv played back in the day from Texas, I believe, on the Straight Between The Eyes tour. That's also my favorite Rainbow album. I've always felt Blackmores solo on Stone Cold was very good. One of the best...

But all the stuff is great. A great line of singers in that band...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I believe that's Doogie White, who's singing for Yngwie now (at least when i saw him last year). He can still belt it out. I wouldn't rank him up there with Soto, but he did a great job & had good stage presence.

Comment

Doogie White sang on Rainbow's Stranger in us all CD and did a great job.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Dio was the best Rainbow singer. Damn Richie to hell for chasing the commercial buck. He's paying his dues for that now eh, with that crappy music he's playing these days.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'll bet with all of the residuals from the Deep Purple and Rainbow days, he can afford to play whatever the heck he wants without regards to commercial concerns anymore.

I still wish Ritchie would put out another Rainbow disc. It would be killer with Dio, but I'd be happy with Doogie or Graham Bonnet.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

People are gonna get pissed but, I think that "Hall Of The Mountain King" song's just plain boring.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

actually i respect Blackmore even "more" for not being out there playing the same old tired
                Purple/Rainbow songs night after night for the commercial Buck $$.

Dio on the other hand just completed a whole tour based on 1 album he recorded 27 years ago (1980 Heaven and hell ) who's in it for the buck now?

Ritchie after 40 years of playing the same songs over and over again currently has no money problems, is actually now playing music that he enjoys and challenges his abilities, gets to tour with his fairly hot Wife when and where ever he pleases without some Records Executive telling him he needs another "Smoke on the Water" on his next album..

i'm sorry but i don't see a downside..we should all be so lucky

Comment

I was going to say something similar but didn't bother - Blackmore is doing what he wants and that is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa View Post
                    fairly hot Wife
                    Man, I think she's Super Hot!, maybe it's just those Snow white clothes!!!! Ha ha, yeah no one's feeling sorry for Ritchie, who cares if most people associate him with Smoke on the Water, people here know his true, immeasurable contribution to modern rock:

Fathering Yngwie!!!!!!

Hey any one, maybe europeans know if that show was made into a CD???

it says: Philipshalle Düsseldorf 1995

The clips are awsome, the band sounds fantastic in them!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I have to agree with Bengal. Straight Between the Eyes is my favorite Rainbow cd. JLT is the best singer they had.
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Mr. Blackmore lives about a half a mile away from me. I still haven't bumped into him !

One day we may jam !! I'll just be sure to dress like Ian Anderson !

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                          Mr. Blackmore lives about a half a mile away from me. I still haven't bumped into him !

One day we may jam !! I'll just be sure to dress like Ian Anderson !
                          I have an old "Guitar Player" magazine from '77 or '78 with Ritchie on the cover. During the interview, he talks about how he goes to see Tull in concert at least once a year. He also recounted a story of how Ian jumped offstage and practically into his lap to sing during one show. So I think Ritchie would recognize your Ian Anderson attire if you pull it off well.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ian Anderson actually played on the first Blackmore Night album..
                            the song " Play Minstrel Play"..him and Richie played a cool acoustic guitar and flute harmony part and then Ian does a short flute solo

I've actually heard Richie and Candice hang out at a particular bar near where they live most Saturday nights..of course it's got some kind of a medieval type of name
                            Last edited by 4koa; 02-04-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              Doogie White sang on Rainbow's Stranger in us all CD and did a great job.
                              Yep, that's a good disc!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X