Cool Rainbow live stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
    Mr. Blackmore lives about a half a mile away from me. I still haven't bumped into him !

One day we may jam !! I'll just be sure to dress like Ian Anderson !
    Whatever you do, do NOT dress like Ian Gillan or you may not survive your encounter with the Man in Black.......I'm sure you've heard all the stories

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post

Hey any one, maybe europeans know if that show was made into a CD???

it says: Philipshalle Düsseldorf 1995

The clips are awsome, the band sounds fantastic in them!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LBV9Bc8ngVg
      The 1995 German Concert bootleg used to pop up on ebay from time to time......It was recorded off of the German TV Concert Show "Rockpalast"....The singer is indeed Mr. Doogie White....They even did the song "Burn" which Ritchie never did with Rainbow or in the post 1984 reunited Deep Purple. Pretty good show!

Comment

Ha ha, yeah no one's feeling sorry for Ritchie, who cares if most people associate him with Smoke on the Water, people here know his true, immeasurable contribution to modern rock:

Fathering Yngwie!!!!!!

IMHO Ritchie also helped father "shredding"........Listen to the "Highway Star" and "Burn" solos (studio versions of both), and "You Fool No One" (live version from "Made In Europe" album).........."Mistreated" (studio version) has an amazing solo also

Comment

Also check out the officially released DVD, "Rainbow Live in Munich 1977"......This one has much better picture and sound quality, and has Ronnie James Dio and the late great Cozy Powell (on drums). Bass player is Bob Daisley from Ozzy's original band. Some great playing there also

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
            The 1995 German Concert bootleg used to pop up on ebay from time to time......It was recorded off of the German TV Concert Show "Rockpalast"....The singer is indeed Mr. Doogie White....They even did the song "Burn" which Ritchie never did with Rainbow or in the post 1984 reunited Deep Purple. Pretty good show!
            Perfect!!! thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it, all the tunes sound really good

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
              IMHO Ritchie also helped father "shredding"........Listen to the "Highway Star" and "Burn" solos (studio versions of both), and "You Fool No One" (live version from "Made In Europe" album).........."Mistreated" (studio version) has an amazing solo also
              Yeah, Made in Europe is awsome sounding, I personally think Ritchie sounds even better live, almost different, I think I even read in an interview he said he hired Jimmy Page to do some of the studio work on Deep Purple, he was kidding of course!

Comment

Yeah, Made in Europe is awsome sounding, I personally think Ritchie sounds even better live, almost different, I think I even read in an interview he said he hired Jimmy Page to do some of the studio work on Deep Purple, he was kidding of course!
                Yeah....I heard the same too.......Ritchie has stated many times that he feels that studio work is too clinical and restrictive for him, and he much prefers the freedom of expression he can have when playing live

Comment

That quote was from a late '70's Guitar Player magazine interview with Ritchie.

Ritchie usually puts down some pretty good stuff in the studio but he really shines live. He gets more room to stretch out. Plus, with as poppy as Rainbow got in the mid '80's, his solo spots were often times cut down for the tracks intended as singles for radio.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                  X