Def Leppard - Its really called Sparkle Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Leppard - Its really called Sparkle Lounge

I'm in shock about how lame this title and album cover is...

Songs From The Sparkle Loung...

:ROTF:
    F13thVoorhees - Megadeth Forums and MFC.

Comment

If that floor was black and white tile, they would have a Twin Peaks thing going on. Too bad, a Twin Peaks reference would be about the only thing that could make me spend money on this group...

Def Leppard
      1979-1983
      RIP...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

[Phil Collen Aug 2006] - "We have this thing we call The Sparkle Lounge, which is three little tiny Fender amps and a little bass amp. Rick Allen has this tiny little Roland drum kit. You can fit this stuff in the back of a trailer."

[Rick Allen Jun 2005] - "We have this room that we set up at the gigs - we call it The Sparkle Lounge. There's a couple of guitars, some guitar amps, and a small drum kit there and it gives us the opportunity to work out some ideas that people are coming up with."

[Joe Elliott Jul 2006] - "We gather in the 'Sparkle Lounge', as we call it on tour. We have a tiny kit, a couple of amps and guitars, and fairy lights all over the walls to give it a vibe. The crew set up every day."
        Joe knows fairy lights.

Comment

I love Def Leppard, but that's a gay title and cover. Geez.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Can someone explain to me what happened to Viv and why he is still in this band? LOL

Comment

Oh god. That can't be Def Leppard. Looks/sounds like an album of sleazy hotel lounge songs...

Comment

There lead single was co-written with Tim McGraw!!!!!!!! Def Jovi!!!!!

Comment

good Lord! WTF is happening to the old Rock bands?

Jovi goes country.

Leppard goes "sparkly"

what's next?
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

I doubt that album cover will be the real article. It looks like a mock up to me. I agree it all looks as gay as hell, but Leppard always had that gay element about them - remember Joe's funny outfit in the "Lets Get Rocked" vid?

Phil Collen mentioned this album sounding a bit like AC/DC's "Back In Black" so I still have hopes this thing will rock, no matter what it's called or who's on it.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I dig these guys, but Jesus f'n Christ!!!
                      Sad... really sad.
                      This was supposed to be the original cover btw...

The one posted is the legit album cover.
                      You can pre-order the CD on Amazon UK right now.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                        good Lord! WTF is happening to the old Rock bands?

Jovi goes country.

Leppard goes "sparkly"

what's next?
                        King Diamond goes swing.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Lounge lizards? Oh boy. Sounds lame-ola.

Comment

From Joe Elliott:

"Sparkle Lounge also breaks a 25-year pattern of using single-word album titles. The name refers to a backstage area on the 2006 tour for the members to write songs. "The whole record's got a '70s feel," Leppard's Joe Elliott says. "By our standards, it's a very adventurous album. It's not OK Computer [the acclaimed Radiohead classic], but it's got moments that some of our fans are going to think have gone slightly left field." Sparkle Lounge is out March 18, nine days before the band starts its tour with Styx and REO Speedwagon."

I think just maybe i'll be skipping this one and going straight for the new Whitesnake cd instead...

Comment

I have followed this band very closely..and its like they have a split personality.

There live shows are PURE rock...mostly 80s material.
                              There albums are PURE second guessing "whats cool".

Why dont they just make it consistent bc its obvious people who pay to see them live are not concerned with whats cool or theyd be buying tickets to hannah montana or whatever Lol

boggles my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X