Def Leppard - Its really called Sparkle Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
    They lost me after Pyromania. I could dig a couple things in Hysteria and the album after that, but they just plain went wierd after that.

Matt
    I think they are one of those bands that with the right direction they can put out some great stuff.

Like Metallica had Bob Rock, Leppard had Mutt Lange, and even U2 are bringing their producers entirely into the writing of their forthcoming new album.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Metallica goes metal! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
      You beat me to it!
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        They lost me after Pyromania. I could dig a couple things in Hysteria and the album after that, but they just plain went wierd after that.

Matt
        Same here. Though, I didn't buy anything else of theirs after Hysteria.

On Through The Night and High & Dry are still my favorites, and Pyromania was pretty damn good, too. Hysteria was okay. I just stopped listening to them after that.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Same here. Though, I didn't buy anything else of theirs after Hysteria.

On Through The Night and High & Dry are still my favorites, and Pyromania was pretty damn good, too. Hysteria was okay. I just stopped listening to them after that.
          Agreed! Also, this album title reminds me of something Glenn Tipton said about 8 years ago: "The sets are getting real nostalgic. We're one step away from going out there in silver suits for a Las Vegas-style show". Looks like Def Lep beat them to the punch

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            Agreed!

Me too!

Sparkle Lounge -> I'll take the Blues Brothers at the Ramada Room instead.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Bah, ye of little faith. This album will fuckin' ROCK.
              Or I'll have to give up on them.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I heard the new single!!!

IT ROCKS!!!

Its basically everything I like about Leppard...sounds like a cross between Armagedon It and Promises...slick pop hard rock.

Comment

Well Ill keep hope DefLep will come out of the daze they have been in lately. The last few CD's have been 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    Well, that's the thing with these 80's bands. They think they are still viable when it's obvious they are not. Their heyday was 20 years ago. And they think people want to hear new stuff? I'd bet 99% of people at their shows just want them to play Photograph and shut the hell up already. Don't give us new stuff, you lost your "voice" a long time ago. Just play the hits and get paid...
                    ((( Yep! Bon Jovi has tried this...and thousands have walked out
                    of their concerts in the last 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      Bah, ye of little faith. This album will fuckin' ROCK.
                      Or I'll have to give up on them.

+1 I'll listen to the old stuff.

Comment

Jeez, we wouldn't want guys in their 40s or 50s to actually want to have artistic inclinations or make new music, would we? I'm sure they'll continue to play all those tired old hits in concert...

Of course, I'll play devil's advocate to myself and point out that keeping a major label deal these days requires a bit of contortion and compromise...

The title doesn't surprise me that much--they've always loved '70s glam rock, so I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of T-Rex and Ziggy Stardust show up.

Comment

This is the new album cover. The other two were teasers, apparently.

Comment

1st single now streaming on myspace!!!

http://www.myspace.com/defleppard

Comment

OMG that sounds like ass.
                              WTF is with the twangy tele's... it sound like shit.
                              -Rick

Comment

I expect to hear that on CMT any day now.
                                |My CSG gallery|
                                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                                X