Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

powerslave - iron maiden
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Metallica-Jump in the Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Hopefully your teacher is also teaching you how to play the guitar and not just how to play various songs.

Most definitely. I need to pick a song that has something to do with what we have been working on. This way I can apply the knowledge I have learned. So far I'm looking into Fade to Black and For Whom the Bell Tolls. They have several sweeping runs as well as some good rhythms.

thanks for all the recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer View Post
          Most definitely. I need to pick a song that has something to do with what we have been working on. This way I can apply the knowledge I have learned. So far I'm looking into Fade to Black and For Whom the Bell Tolls. They have several sweeping runs as well as some good rhythms.

thanks for all the recommendations
          Awesome! That's how I learn the best too. I have to admit though, I never noticed any sweeping in Fade or Bells. Maybe I've just been playing it wrong.
          Scott

Comment

Must be a hell of a teacher since you decided to apply the sweeping he taught you, in Fade to Black or For Whom The Bell Tolls J/K
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Ok so I may have used the wrong wording. But the point is that I will be applying my newly found knowledge of scales. We have been working on different patterns that are played within a scale. Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X