Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
    I know lots of guys that can do that

I also didn't like "anything" about the video, I'm not a musical theory expert but at parts that didn't sound like it fits in the classical music theory to me either
    ..well, I'm partial to Jeff's writing. Since I have ummm 8000 metal cds..I think I could find a few more players that can sweep and write a good song...but they usualy don't go hand in hand..I find it quite the opposite.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

now THAT was boring as hell!
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
        now THAT was boring as hell!

It's nothing I haven't see hundreds of times in the 80's..that 16 year old kids like Jason Becker wasn't doing better.

That's was only two decades ago..I wonder when Disco will come back..and that was only one decade before that!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Rusty Cooley typewriter chromatic speed just aint my thing... :-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3cliq6ED1a0&feature=related
          +1 I can appreciate the technique and speed, extremely impressive but if all you trying to do is impress guitar players and say nothing musical what is the point I'd like to hear something with a backing track and melody. A lot of those cats just say one deminsional instead f playing some melodic things and phrases mixed around the flurries of notes.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            +1 I can appreciate the technique and speed, extremely impressive but if all you trying to do is impress guitar players and say nothing musical what is the point I'd like to hear something with a backing track and melody. A lot of those cats just say one deminsional instead f playing some melodic things and phrases mixed around the flurries of notes.
            Exactly!

If that fuck was playing live..4 people would show up to watch him..2 of them in front with their arms crossed and 2 at the bar discussing how to get rid of crab lice.

5 people showed up for Joe Stump..John and I watched him..he was great. Then at the bar.. Joe and I discussed how to get rid of crab lice and compared silver jewelery.:ROTF:

This is true!

Comment

Great player and there would have been a time were I would have loved this guy. Nothing there jumped out at me. Sounded like a warmup. I just heard buzzzz. Add some melody/riffs (slower) might get my attention then.

Comment

I like that fat kid on youtube much better!!!

Let's here that fat kid..I love that kid..he plays "music".

I'm going to find that fucker..wait.

Here, I love this fat fuck!..http://youtube.com/watch?v=ATub40Npxik&feature=related

Here's another song..nice feel, tone, melody, groove and a big ol' bag o' tricks done in a very nice context.http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfqu4YEufYc&feature=related

Fuck, I got to try to learn what this fucker is doing at 1:26 in that second song clip..I love that shit..sounds and looks cool as hell!
                Last edited by horns666; 03-01-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

My fat lil' dude spanks your dude hardcore!

I love that fat fuck..he's my favorite youtube "unsung" hero..

I like the way he puts the pick on his lap and just grabs it at will.

He grabs my attention and keeps it the whole time!!!

bravo!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfqu4YEufYc&feature=related
                  Last edited by horns666; 03-01-2008, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    I can apreciate his technique and the time it takes to get that good, but as a guitar player I was bored about 1 minute into that.
                    Yeah. Like Yngwie, this stuff just merges into a random blurring of notes with very little apparent melody. Any faster than Marty Friedman is just too much IMO.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      I like that fat kid on youtube much better!!!

Let's here that fat kid..I love that kid..he plays "music".

I'm going to find that fucker..wait.

Here, I love this fat fuck!..http://youtube.com/watch?v=ATub40Npxik&feature=related

Here's another song..nice feel, tone, melody, groove and a big ol' bag o' tricks done in a very nice context.http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfqu4YEufYc&feature=related

Fuck, I got to try to learn what this fucker is doing at 1:26 in that second song clip..I love that shit..sounds and looks cool as hell!
                      That dude kicks ass but man the tone bloew...sounds like a distortion pedal into an FM radio lol.

How the fuck do thse peole play like that sitting down I'd never get caught on tape sitting down :ROTF:
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        That dude kicks ass but man the tone bloew...sounds like a distortion pedal into an FM radio lol.

How the fuck do thse peole play like that sitting down I'd never get caught on tape sitting down :ROTF:
                        Ahhh Shawn..poor little fat dude sittin' down.

He's a bit portly, we portly guys like to sit down..even when we pee.:ROTF:

I like the first clip with his balls right in the camera.. :ROTF:

But I gotta give that dude props..he's the full package..a true natural..there is nothing pretentious about him. You can tell he has cheap gear and plays all fuggin' day..and it shows!!! And who knows how he recorded it..prolly a Fisher Price press N' play like mine.

I say good for him..have you seen how many hits that dude has..wow..he should put out a recrd..I'd buy it!

Comment

Technically very good but boring to watch.
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

here you go..
                            Musica composta por Fernando Miyata, Tocando em sua escola com uma de suas super guitarras.www.fernandomiyata.comwww.kradich.com.br

better gear, better tone AND standing up.
                            are you satisfied NOW??!?!?
                            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                              here you go..
                              Musica composta por Fernando Miyata, Tocando em sua escola com uma de suas super guitarras.www.fernandomiyata.comwww.kradich.com.br

better gear, better tone AND standing up.
                              are you satisfied NOW??!?!?
                              DAVEY!!!

I never seen that one..muthafugga is goin' places..and he bought himself a Jackson. Get down with his bad self..but you know he really really wanted to sit down!!!

There's something about that dude that is ORIGINAL and naturally fuggin' good..and I like that better than any connect the dots, fast lifeless BS that's been done to fuggin' death!

If I want neo classical..Uli Fuggin' Roth !!!!

Comment

Maybe this is nitpicking but the pearloid pickguard and funny headstock really bothered me.
                                it was kind of clinical, but maybe it would be more inspiring in live setting

That brazilian cat was good too, but it's best to hear these things in the context of a band or song.
                                Last edited by tanpsi; 03-01-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X