This guy blew my mind!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy blew my mind!!!!!

Im a huge neoclassical fan i espessially like sweeping . A friend of mine told me about this guy named matthew mills . When i first saw this video my jaw dropped. His hands look like they are melting and everything is crystal clear. Badass!! check it out

For guitar lessons contact [email protected] Check Matthew’s Music on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/6xw4jdQQiiwbWNeT1C9On4?nd=1Please subscr...

Definitely some of the tastiest neoclassical shred I've seen/heard. What a monster!

Comment

Great technique and a very skillled player. No doubt about it. Just not a fan of his style of shred. I guess I'm just more into the Satriani-type style of shred where you can actually hum along to the instrumentals instead of it just sounding like a swarm of bees.
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yep...my neo classical hero will take on yours! Marcel Coenen... Shred
        sweeping, but with some Blues vibe in it! Rusty Cooley typewriter chromatic speed just aint my thing... :-)

Comment

I've been watching this video for a while now myself.

I grew up with shred in the 80's but I never knew it could be played like that!

I also freaked when I first seen it. I love the slow parts also.

His technique is the best I've ever seen......right up there with Shawn Lane who I just recently discovered also and was blown away by.

Both of them are just insane.
          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I can apreciate his technique and the time it takes to get that good, but as a guitar player I was bored about 1 minute into that.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
              I can apreciate his technique and the time it takes to get that good, but as a guitar player I was bored about 1 minute into that.
              Exactly!

Comment

To the right in related videos check out Rob Marcello he is a tasty player.
                Several years ago at a Nashville guitar show he tore it up on one of my strat project guitars.After about 30 min I finally got my guitar back.He said this guitar is fuckin' bad ass dude great work.
                He is a product demonstrator for Roland and plays in Danger Danger.Real nice guy too.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                  I understand where you're coming from, but for me - I didn't get good until a minute in or so.

Comment

I have his his 2004's Forggoten Realm cd..it actually doesn't stand out with all the other neo-classical stuff I have, which is a helluva lot!!!

I'll give it another listen.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really wish I could sweep pick...not even a hint of it my playing and I've tried for years.

Very skilled playing, but no 'bite' to it at all. It all sounds the same, no definition, no dynamics.

Comment

No doubting the talent but the tone was terrible, lots of notes but not all of them sounded right.

Comment

poor guy, he is out of towels, perhaps I could send him some so he wouldn't have to shake his hands like that after washing them
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                            I really wish I could sweep pick...not even a hint of it my playing and I've tried for years.

Very skilled playing, but no 'bite' to it at all. It all sounds the same, no definition, no dynamics.
                            I agree..I never learned to sweep..like everybody else. If I wanted to sweep, I'd buy a broom. I noticed most people who can sweep can't write a good metal song if their life depended on it..except for Jeff Loomis.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              I agree..I never learned to sweep..like everybody else. If I wanted to sweep, I'd buy a broom. I noticed most people who can sweep can't write a good metal song if their life depended on it..except for Jeff Loomis.
                              I know lots of guys that can do that

I also didn't like "anything" about the video, I'm not a musical theory expert but at parts that didn't sound like it fits in the classical music theory to me either
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X