Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Howe ... Wowe !!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6ZjXr21hI

There he goes again, making pretty much everyone else sound stupid. What a bad muthafugga.

Is that a capo or some kind of muting device there on fret 1?
    Last edited by åron; 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM. Reason: oops wrong fret

Comment

now that's a real fucking guitar player
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I don't have to click on the link to expect what to hear from Greg Howe.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My favorite all around guitarist.
          That's just a hair scrunchie he has at the end of the neck (to dampen the open strings when he goes into "tapping mode").
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

My guitar teacher ended up with Greg's sunburst Peavey HP Custom... holy crap what a guitar. Made me look into Greg Howe too. That guy is a player. I love his Sunny jam, but its ashame the backing track is just a bit too loud in the mix.

Comment

That dude is a stud.

Comment

First time I listened to him, incredible feel with incredible playing. Not my style but still very impressing.

The guitar tone is one of the best I've ever heard!
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

hehee One of my favorites, i am really ipressed how he keeps getting better and better as the years go by

LMAO at that TMac's lick at 2:10-2:12.

Comment

Everytime I hear him play I am impressed. His phrasing is great.
                    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Without a doubt..one of the very best...period!

I saw him lightyears ago with his bro singing..He can play Van Halen BETTER than Van Halen..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i have been listening to extraction and his two albums with richie kotzen this week...i mean wow...
                        Last edited by sonicsamurai; 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I have about 11 of his albums! Been into Howe since about 90'
                          One of the best ones is Howe II with his brother Al..
                          He plays like i wish i could in my head! Imo he is EVH only smoother
                          and bluesier.

Comment

I love the Parallax CD.
                            I actually paid my old teacher to tab out that whole CD (he is a former student of Greg's).
                            It completely changed the way I play.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

hmnn, i never liked greg howe back in the day, just kinda too VH for me, but this was pretty good, his style has changed, for the better imo, i may have to check his newer stuff out, thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X