• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat'O'Brien...

...is switching to Ran ^^

Yeah baby !

EDIT : oops Pat O'Brien, sorry

Interesting. He's a MONSTER on guitar! I saw him play right infront of me..unbelievable!!! Tomorrow is actually EXACTLY one year since that gig .

Comment

The interesting point of his playing is seen on Live Cannibalism. While you can see Jack Owen play some easy-lookin riffs, Pat is always showing a bunch of wankage.

Comment

Wow, sweet guitar. Not a fan of the headstock though, but hey...

Comment

I like it!
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That thing is fucking cool.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thats a mean guitar, the bullett and "kill" inlays are nuts... just not to crazy about the fretboard end

Comment

That's pretty bad ass!! I love how the end of the fretboard and the truss rod cover match.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pretty badass looking, almost looks like something KxK would do. Oh, and speaking of the fretboard end, who had that sick custom Rhoads with the fretboard end the matched the wings?
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                    Oh, and speaking of the fretboard end, who had that sick custom Rhoads with the fretboard end the matched the wings?
                    Xenophobe has that one, blood red bevels and binding, from what I remember. I can't find a pic of it at the moment. I believe it's 25 frets, too.

Comment

while i don't really care for that guitar, i just have to say that pat is a MONSTER. one of the very best players in the extreme metal genre imho. not only does he write some killer songs (dead human collection would be a nice example), he's also pretty much the most aggressive player i've ever seen. i used to think eric peterson or zakk wylde had a heavy attack...those guys are merely touching the strings when put up against pat.
                      even neil kernon said in his forum that pat is one of the few players that use shitloads of gain even for quadtracking rhythms yet his sound doesn't mush out due to his heavy attack and very precise muting technique.
                      i mean, that guy is using a triple recto with the gain cranked AND a boss mt2 as a boost/EQ in front, but still his sound crushes everything i've ever heard for extreme metal. i saw CC twice, and both times pat took the cake for the best rhythm guitar sound of all bands.

"The interesting point of his playing is seen on Live Cannibalism. While you can see Jack Owen play some easy-lookin riffs, Pat is always showing a bunch of wankage."
                      agreed i think that's most obvious during perverse suffering...jack's doing some minor third trills high up the neck using his pick for the tapping, whereas pat's doubling him an octave down using a weird combination of hammer on/pull off and tapping...kinda like 3h6p3t6p3...i've never seen anything like that before.

Comment

+1 on Pat's playing... it's not even funny how good that guy is. Probably the number one Death Metal guitar player in the world!
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Pat rules..

My kid likes the camo geetar..I'll take a fuggin' black one.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Found the pic of Xeno's Custom XTRR with fretboard end matching the body.

Comment

Yeah, thanks man, that's the one. Fuggin sexy.
                              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
                              X