Maiden in Santiago de Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
    Man, I want to see that show so bad. They haven't scheduled anything for the Detroit area as of yet.

I have the new Maiden DVD and I've watched it about ten times now Poweslave is my favorite CD.
    This tour is just a whirlwind 'round the world to promote the dvd, covering a lot of countries they've neglected. This was the first visit to Australia since '92. Bruce did say they were planning to come for the next album tour.
    Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
    Steve's daughter, Lauren opened for 'em here in Santiago. Not interesting at all if you ask me...
    She opened in Brisbane too, before some lame local metalcore band. At one point, the LMCB attempted a Sabbath song and were soundly booed. I believe most of the audience were in the bar and didn't head in until the openers finished up.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Can't wait to see them in Seattle...nice pics! thanks for sharing

Comment

i get to see them friday night! WHOOHOO! can't wait!
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

AWESOME pics! Bruce and his favorite Post-It-Note pants!

Seeing them on Sunday in Toronto. Gonna make my Maiden voyage to see the Maiden. This band has the special significance for me in that they singlehandedly ramped up my guitar-playing ability early on while I was starting to play metal, while simultaneously making me feel like crap because some of it is just that hard to get absolutely perfect even to this day.

I have a feeling this show is going to spoil every concert I'll attend for the rest of my life. The timing is so right. Maiden playing an 80s-flavored setlist (minus "Fear Of The Dark"). Damn.

Comment

Man I sooooooo jealous... I want to see Maiden again..
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Arrived in San Juan yesterday morning. As soon as we land and are lining up for the gate what do I see!!!!
              Ed Force One sitting on the Tarmac. Holy shit!!!! very cool.
              For the last two days there have been articles on the entertainment section of the paper talking about the band and how much fun they are having here. They arrived Monday night and as soon as they arrived in the hotel they darted to the beach and took a night swim.
              They brought the families and since then have been fishing, snorkling, etc.

It's 2 1/2 hrs and counting!!!!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

awesome. i wish they had a show somewhere near us though. that is cool you flew to PR to see the show!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Just got back,
                  Whew!!! what a killer show. There was a dude on my plane doing the same deal, flew down party hard and saw a killer show. Pun intended.....

All old songs; don't want to forget anything but; Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Wasted Years, Heaven can Wait, Hallowed be Thy Name, Run To The Hills, Fear of The Dark, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner,etc. not in that order though.

Tons of lights and loud as hell.

VERY well done by the guys. Great selection of songs, action packed with never, ever a dull moment. Haen't got many zzzz's lately but well worth it.

Comment

Just got back from the New Jersey show. All I can say is F'in AMAZING. Great show. Classic Maiden at it's best. Same songs basically as those listed above. Brought me back to '85 only now my 15 yr old son was with me....priceless!!! Also, Bruce announced a bunch of new East Coast shows in June!!! NYC (Madison Sq Gdn), PNC in NJ, also I think he said Boston, Philly, Chicago, and DC too. Oh man was it worth it! Most fun I've had at a concert in a long time. The crowd was very into it and it looked sold out too. I didn't have the greatest seats but I was center stage from across the arena. I took some pictures and these were some of the better ones...here they are:

Guitars:
                    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                    1988 Model 2,
                    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                    RR3
                    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                    2005 SG Special

Comment

I'm going tomorrow night, in Toronto, and can't wait!!!
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Driving in in less than 24 hours from now. UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Comment

They WILL rock your brains dude. THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!

Comment

Was at the NJ show - holy shit it completely rocked. One of the best arena shows i've ever seen. They've still got it.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

got tickets for both Trondheim and the Oslo show gonna be awesome...

on a side-note, you americans need to get off your asses and on a plane and see your favorite bands, hell, I pay cross-country plane fares and hotels every god damn time I want to see bands like Sabbath, Motorhead, Ozzy, Metallica, Dio, Maiden, Megadeth, Testament etc.
                              It seems to me that these classic big bands could be playing 49 states and someone STILL would be going "god damn it dude, they haven't played Hawaii in 17 years, screw those guys they just sold out and release live albums jadajadajada"

unwad your pants and just GO SEE 'EM !

like Dave Murray said in an interview, they're older now and need more rest between shows to keep their high standard up, so maybe in return for them playing every damn bar in the world 20 years ago, we can return the favour by flying out to see them when they're passing by our vicinity?!

/rant off

- Rune.

Comment

Working...
                              X