Friedman + Loomis = Cacophony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman + Loomis = Cacophony?

Marty Friedman's solo album came out today, Future Addict. With Jeff Loomis playing on the Cacophony song "Where my Fortune Lies"

Anyone pick this up? I'm pretty interested to hear it..
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Didn't know about this. Never been real impressed with Jeff "Happy Noodle Boy" Loomis, but I'm interested to hear any Cacophony material revisited.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Wow...how great would that be if they toured together...let's start the rumors now!

Geez, it has to have been 20 years or so since I saw Marty with Jason in the original version - absolutely mindblowing!
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Both are amazing players...Cant wait to listen to it.
        Sam

Comment

Jason will always be unreplaceble for me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
            Of course! If I had to choose someone to play Jason's part, it would probably be Jeff Loomis though.

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
            Wow...how great would that be if they toured together...let's start the rumors now!

Geez, it has to have been 20 years or so since I saw Marty with Jason in the original version - absolutely mindblowing!
            Dude...I'm so damn jealous, please share the experience :P.

I did some research, and it's hella' quick to judge..I found some audio samples.. I'm so disappointed...I sincerely am..

JPop vocals.. God damnit..

Marty Friedman,Future Addict,CD Album listed at CDJapan! Get it delivered safely by SAL, EMS, FedEx and save with CDJapan Rewards!
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Jason was one and only, unique.
              Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                I was a one-off gig at a place called The Omni in Oakland back when I was in college, thinking it was about summer of '88. My buddy from high school was working with Marty's girlfriend at the time as an intern at a law firm in San Francisco, and she got us free tix.

Cool thing was, we got to hang with Marty for an hour prior to the show - insanely mellow guy, no drugs, no drinks, no smokes - he's guitar 24/7. Joked a bit about Hawaii , his plans, etc...

Super nice, incredibly modest, but that might be different now that he's ready to take over Japan :ROTF:. As for the show, I think they ran through all of Speed Metal Symphony, and a couple from Go Off!, but it's a little fuzzy - it was mind-boggling!

As for Jason, he was on as well - they were both in their element. Still bummed about Jason, but he continues to hang in there...ALS sucks...
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

+1000

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

holy shit this is awesome news,,,cant wait to hear it all.
                      MOSH ON
                      DAVE

UMMMMM,,i just listened to the samples and ummm,, wow,,,,,poppy punk vocals,,,and ummmm,,wow,,,,,,i dont know what to think of that

MOSHON
                      DAVE
                      Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 03-13-2008, 06:37 PM. Reason: I listened to the samples UGGGGG
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Jason is irreplaceable without a doubt. Until somebody else comes along...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                          Of course! If I had to choose someone to play Jason's part, it would probably be Jeff Loomis though.

I did some research, and it's hella' quick to judge..I found some audio samples.. I'm so disappointed...I sincerely am..

JPop vocals.. God damnit..

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23546
                          Not to early to judge, that stunk.
                          Burn the Ground was Hack, terrible...
                          Eye of the Tornado? Suprised me he was able to use it, damn that stunk like Dave Mustaine doing Battery.
                          I have some Cacophany stuff live in Japan, on VHS in a box somewhere, it's pretty cool glimpse if you never saw anything from them at that time, but damn camera man would pan to the drummer for some ungodly reason whenever Jason would solo
                          Last edited by Trem; 03-13-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Wow I was looking forward to that. Didn't realize he got the singer from good charlette and simple plan and mixed them into one. I could honestly do a better job singing what were beautiful songs. I'm sure the guitar solos are nuts though.

Comment

..this is a nice surprise. I will buy the new Friedman album just to hear Jeff...he's is without a doubt the best not-so-new metal guitarist there is..period!

Obviously Marty thinks so too ..to give "noodle-boy" such an honor.

Thanks for the heads up!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X