Philip Sayce ~ Uber Badass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Sayce ~ Uber Badass

This guy is nucking futs....I picked up his "Peace Machine" disk on iTunes - worth every penny.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Philip Sayce performing live One Foot in the Grave 1-9-08 at Molly Malone's in Los Angeles, CA. Fritz Lewak on drums and Mark "The Bass Cowboy" Meadows on b...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Granted, its not an earth shattering new genre, but he plays with so much conviction that it rules...a few friends saw him open for Paul Gilbert at the Viper Room in L.A. and said they pretty much could've left after his set, dropped their jaws.

He's beat the living shit out of that guitar, real deal 63' Strat. There's some clips of him playing with Jeff Healy about 10 years ago right after he got that fiddle, you'll see just how far he's relic'd his own rig the right way.

Steve E

Man, thanks for sharing this bad ass player! Ive never heard of him
    before.. "Slipaway" was smokin! *and i do think it's earth shattering!
    This dude made a deal at the crossroads...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      Man, thanks for sharing this bad ass player! Ive never heard of him
      before.. "Slipaway" was smokin! *and i do think it's earth shattering!
      This dude made a deal at the crossroads...

Yeah man, glad you enjoyed it...guy is my new favorite player. The third clip seems to be video of the actual Peace Machine session because what you hear is exactly what made it to print. Slipaway is killer too.

I think the guy embodies the "play what you love and love what you play" ethos as well as anybody - he truly has taken this and made it his own. Between this guy and Joe Bonamassa the power blues rock thing aint' going away anytime soon

Apparently you can buy the whole DVD of that City Sessions set....

Another clip:
      Some wonderful noodling from one fantastic, intense guitar player. Enjoy!http://philipsayce.com/ - if you like what you see/hear ;)
      Last edited by speed monkey; 03-16-2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X