Allan Holdsworth w/ Red Charvel Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan Holdsworth w/ Red Charvel Solo

Found this on Youtube. Does anyone remember Road Games? This Charvel seems so basic by today's standards...but, in Allan's hands? There is an Interview, The solo starts at 2:12. He such an Original. No wonder he was one of the few guitarists that impressed EVH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUntzKpLj4&NR=1 Oh yeah Holdsworth will be Touring the USA in May 2008. Check out the dates on his website. http://www.therealallanholdsworth.com/
    Last edited by dd3keegs; 03-20-2008, 08:03 AM.

I find that unlistenable.

guess it's my loss.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I liked the guitar playing for the most part but it seemed like the drums and the bass were playing a differen't song.

Comment

Ya srsly, I dont know what the deal is with Jazz... is there a beat? Is there any kind of rhythm where I can shake my arse a bit? I cant find it if so.... seems like he's playing he hell out of it though!

Comment

Allan is great but I hate listening to him. I just don't 'get' it.

Comment

Last week when the new Guitar Player Mag came out I realized I had never actually heard Allan. (hes on the cover...).
            I you-tubed a few videos and Im having a hard time finding something I like....
            Different strokes, I guess
            Last edited by toddstaples; 03-21-2008, 10:37 PM.
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I can't enjoy that either. Seems like a lot of random noodling. Music like that I just don't find interesting, along with probably a lot of other people. His haircut was never doing him any favours either, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DXMG View Post
                Ya srsly, I dont know what the deal is with Jazz... is there a beat? Is there any kind of rhythm where I can shake my arse a bit? I cant find it if so.... seems like he's playing he hell out of it though!
                classic jazz rhythm is swing... it was a popular dance music once
                there's plenty of ass shaking stuff too... Herbie Hancock is a good example
                there's so many different types of jazz... you just don't know them

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                I can't enjoy that either. Seems like a lot of random noodling. Music like that I just don't find interesting, along with probably a lot of other people. His haircut was never doing him any favours either, lol.
                I think he is the insanest guitarist ever but most of his stuff indeed is boring.
                btw. there isn't anything random in his playing, everything is well calculated, just follow the chord changes and you'll see... basically he is a John Coltrane on the guitar.
                He wants to make very complex music... and he does it very well... It's hard to listen to it all the time though.... but there's a lot to learn from it aswell
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have Metal Fatigue and Road Games.

AH is a very fluid player..lots of legato..sounds like a saxaphone. The only time I eally noticed his influence in Ed's playing is in "When push comes to shove"..which is one of my favorite Eddie solos.

I really appreciated jazz / fusion mych more as a bass player..as you can hear move all of the "groove" is in the rythm section. When I was a kid it was alot more fun for me to play this kind of music than ummm....AC/DC. I love to listen to AC/DC ..its just way too boring for me to play.

My favorite genere of metal is "progressive death" metal such as Atheist, Symbyosis, Lunaris, Cynic, Farmakon, Arsis, Augury, Nocturnus..Death..that took alot from this style.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can hear Allan's influence in pretty much everything that Ed does
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                    X