No announcement yet.

Dave the snake Sabo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a magazine from 1989 that featured Skid Row throughout the entire mag. It was a special deal prob by Hit Parader or someone similar.
    Anyway there's alot of nice photos of their guitars.
    I'm gonna try and scan them and post them for you guys to see.

I love Skid Row's first 2 albums only, but they were killer for sure!
    Always liked the LP style bodies myself.
    That was a cool Kramer w/ the Snake Graphic, thanks for posting that one.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

yesh if you dont consider Skid Row metal, then do you consider Dokken easy listening?

I love both bands, but Skid Row's second album was so heavy and so hard, great album.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Doesn't anyone here listen to metal???

Comment

I recently learned from a music trivia game that Sabo used to be in Bon Jovi. Is that true?

I have my doubts because the same game also said Paranoid was Black Sabbath's first album.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          I recently learned from a music trivia game that Sabo used to be in Bon Jovi. Is that true?

I have my doubts because the same game also said Paranoid was Black Sabbath's first album.
          Not true. They're both from NJ (I think John and Dave were childhood friends), but Bon Jovi helped Skid Row get their start.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome band. Should've been way bigger than they were. Just too much drama though.......

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Not true. They're both from NJ (I think John and Dave were childhood friends), but Bon Jovi helped Skid Row get their start.

After some wiki-reading, it seems Sabo played lead on the Runaway demo. Not exactly in the band, but I guess the game wasn't completely wrong.
              Scott

Comment

I dont think it was the drama, but more of the grunge scene which took another great band down. Unfortunaly they came along way to late in the game and only got out two good albums before the public lost interest.

Same thing happened to lynch mob, great first album, but because it came out way to late it never really gained enough momentum.

Originally posted by mikeydregs13 View Post
                Awesome band. Should've been way bigger than they were. Just too much drama though.......

Comment

Their first two is cool, B sides, but I actually like '95's Subhuman best. But their last 2006's RPM is fuggin' putrid IMO!!! SK is nothing without Sebastian Bach.

They actually took their name from Gary Moore and Phil Lynott's first band..skid row.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i agree, but i DO think "thickskin" is pretty good....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Carrie Underwood does Skid Row

I think I'm gonna puke.
                      I Remember You - Delaware State FairCombined with hblake13's video and audio to fill in the gaps from my other one. looks decent.
                      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I just did

Comment

Ugh, that solo sucked! What's he doing on a national tour?
                          Scott

Comment

Damn! She wasn't doing a bad job, but that solo just killed it. It just don't work without those screaming pick harmonics and divebombs....

Comment

it's like trikery without the trick. Bullshit.

Comment

I'd eat dat ass!!!
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X