Charvel models/players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel models/players

can anyone here tell me the different Charvel models and some of the players???

I'd like to edit the Charvel wikipedia page and include some different models and some players.

Import users were Bang Tango guitarist a model 2 and a soloist pro.
    Armored Saint guitarist a model 7.For starters.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks bro, I'll add them to the list. were the Stars and Explorers just called the San Dimas Star and the San Dimas Explorer?? or did each one have their own name? thats something else I couldn't figure out.

for the import models I had:
      Model 1 series
      Model 2 Series
      Model 3 Series
      Model 4 Series
      Model 5 Series
      Model 6 Series
      Contemporary Series
      Classic Series
      Fusion Series
      88 series

and I also have Charvette under Korean made.

heres the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charvel_Guitars

Comment

Another import player: Shawn Lane played a 750XL and was an endorsed artist for a while. The list of artists who played USA Charvels in the '80s was huge. Not to nitpick, but the Model Series guitars are named "Model 1", "Model 2", "Model 88", etc., rather than "Model 1 Series", "Model 2 Series", "88 Series" etc. There were more than 50 specific import Charvel models if you count all the variations & include the Charvettes. If you throw in all of the the Japan-only models, it may be more like 100.

The most complete import model listing is here:

and the most in-depth info is in the catalog scans here:

As for USA Charvels, they really weren't offered as lines of production models during the San Dimas years. It was a custom shop. Yes, they mostly made strats and did make lots of stars, some teles & a few explorers, but they also made roundhorn Vs, a few replicas of RR's Sandoval V, and lots of crazy one-off shapes too. The idea of USA production models started with the reissues in '95, and again with the recent "San Dimas" & EVH Art Series guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by wreckingcrew View Post
          thanks bro, I'll add them to the list. were the Stars and Explorers just called the San Dimas Star and the San Dimas Explorer?? or did each one have their own name? thats something else I couldn't figure out.

for the import models I had:
          Model 1 series
          Model 2 Series
          Model 3 Series
          Model 4 Series
          Model 5 Series
          Model 6 Series
          Contemporary Series
          Classic Series
          Fusion Series
          88 series

and I also have Charvette under Korean made.

heres the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charvel_Guitars
          To reiterate what DG said, the Model 1 (and subsequent others) are not individual series.

There was the Model series (which includes Models 1-8 / 1986-1989) and then the Contemporary Series. (1990 - 1995-ish)

Within the model series you did have some variants, like the Model 1A, Model 1B (bass), and Model 1C (HSS). But these were not a series on their own.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

alex masi played a chavel fusion i think

Comment

And, to pile on, the Model 88 was not a series,
              it was a one time run of 1,000 guitars. No variation within the run.

500 Japan market, 500 export.

Comment

thanks everyone, I'll update it when I have time

Comment

Dave Mustaine did play some Jap made RR's and V's when he was pissed at Jackson for shipping him some USA models that weren't up to his standards.
                  This came from Aerosmiths tech.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yep, as the guys said, Shawn Lane used a 750XL. Alex Masi used various ones I think, but there's this advert:

Specifically of him with a Fusion Deluxe.

Masi still uses 750XLs, string thrus.

You could use this and see how many you recognise!!

Plus, you could look through the 90/91 cat. for the player pictures.

Might help?
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Masi used a 750XL, Fusion DLX, and some USA Charvel. (I believe it is a modified Holdsworth)

This website is for sale! alexmasi.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, alexmasi.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This website is for sale! alexmasi.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, alexmasi.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                      X