Rotfl.....
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

This fucker can seriously play and most of the criticism towards them is jealousy, plain and simple. I've seen them in concert 6-7 times and they never end to amaze me.
      To their credit, they are probably one of the hardest working bands out there that are doing most of the producing and promoting themselves. Thats a lot of hats to wear and still kick ass on stage.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
      DT =
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        This fucker can seriously play
        agreed. still bores the fuck outta me.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
          I saw DT four times on the I&W tour, and they kicked much ass. I have to admit that they lost me later on, but back then they could do no wrong.

I fell asleep during a Kiss concert once.
          I agree 100%. Loved them, back when, but not really, now.

And yes, Kiss IS boring.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

sully
            :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

ugh. + a billion.

that video was also used to illustrate hitler being banned from xbox live or something to that extent.

sully
              Hey, sully - 'dem's fightin' words!

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Joe_Steeler
                This fucker can seriously play

sully

I agree....Boring!! I don't care how technically good a guitarist is....if he doesn't play with feeling and power, and can't evoke emotion in the listener, then he's not a musician, and may as well join the technically sterile world of Dream Theater....or go play with Malmsteen. OUCH!!

Rhoads, Schenker, and Blackmore are fine examples of musicians that play with the right blend of technique, feeling, and power.
                Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

LTE was a pretty cool project though
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Gotta admit, amazing musicians and their albums are brilliant to litsen to, but Live........... I'm lost. I saw them in November at Wolverhampton, and maybe it was because that I don't know their back catalogue like the back of my hand, but it was just like endless jazz solo to endless jazz drum solo.

I spent most of the evening loking at some Uberfan on the balcony have the greatest time of his life smacking the shit into his invisible drum kit as if he knew how to play every song on the set. He might of looked like a dick, but at least he didn't regret paying £20 to get in.

Comment

Mike couldn't play a jazz drum solo to save his life... great drummer but his solos are pointless random shit
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well,I don't agree at all. I think that the latest album is kinda boring comparing to the previous ones. But saying that Petrucci "doesn't play with feeling and power" is not right at all. He has everything: technique, emotion. I am sure the next record will be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          for crying out loud those fuckers fired the only cool member they had because the nerdy fans didn't liked that a member of DT was partying and getting girls
                          Who's that, Sherinian? I think he was fired because compared to the rest of them he was subpar.

Not saying that he's not a good musician. But compared to the rest of DT, he IS supbar.

And John Petrucci's wife is a hot piece of ass and a decent thrash guitarist as well!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

sully
                            I know how you feel; KISS and Motley Crue bore me to tears with their dumbass music.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              Who's that, Sherinian? I think he was fired because compared to the rest of them he was subpar.

Not saying that he's not a good musician. But compared to the rest of DT, he IS supbar.

And John Petrucci's wife is a hot piece of ass and a decent thrash guitarist as well!
                              you are kidding right?

Derek made Planet X (another boring band IMO) wich is technically miles ahead of DT

and he was fired because he wasn't "boring muso" (Mike's words)

but it's allright... he is probably the most admiered modern keyboardist today

Comment

you are kidding right?

Derek made Planet X (another boring band IMO) wich is technically miles ahead of DT
                                Planet X is kinda cool in spite of Sherinian. (Yeah, I know it's his "project" band.) I could never listen to more than one of their songs in one sitting, though.

and he was fired because he wasn't "boring muso" (Mike's words)
                                That Sludge answer is a bit of revisionism on Mike's part. He was fired because DT wanted Rudess all along. It didn't help, though. They need a songwriter.

but it's allright... he is probably the most admiered modern keyboardist today
                                Huh? Nothing against him, but in what universe?
                                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                                X