X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Bill, you missed my post earlier.
    Yeah..I did Joe..wow..sumbitch!

I was distracted with unwanted drama at home..my wife had my left nut in one hand..my kid with my right. ..and they were playing tug-o-war..while I was screaming "fuck you guys"..at the top of my lungs!!!

That shit is true..I literally sent both of them to bed..fuggems!

whew..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
      Forbidden...... EVIIIIIL! Russ is cool. They ripped it up with Death Angel at Slim's last month.
      I haven't been to Slims in ages, a lot of metal acts still pull through there?

I haven't heard anything by Forbidden, I will swing by a music store and remedy this tonight
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Fuckin' LOVE this band! Seeing them at Hellfest in France with At The Gates in June! Concert of my dreams!

Comment

I just put on 'Twisted Into Form'. Ahhh, the good ole days. Saw them a few times. With Testament. with Death Angel. And I think, IIRC, w/ Exodus.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            I haven't been to Slims in ages, a lot of metal acts still pull through there?
            All kinds of genres, from Vic Wooten to Symphony X this month. Classic venue, though there are 2 pillars right in front of the stage on either side that kinda bug me. But when the bands are good, who cares about such details?

Comment

Forbidden was Kick Ass. Forbidden with Hoglan? Holy Shit!

Comment

Damn. I love YouTube.

Forbidden @ the Omni

Thorns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bby1M6MbNpc
                Trapped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQZ8--sd10

Comment

This looks like the last song from the Ultimate revenge, and it looks like Craig's playing a Charvel Model 2:
                  Forbidden playing Chalice of Blood at the Combat tour 2.Total Thrash Assault!

Again, there's picks covering the headstock, but I recognize that MIJ-volume-placement-too-close-to-the-pickup-for-my-taste easily!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                    This looks like the last song from the Ultimate revenge, and it looks like Craig's playing a Charvel Model 2:
                    Forbidden playing Chalice of Blood at the Combat tour 2.Total Thrash Assault!

Again, there's picks covering the headstock, but I recognize that MIJ-volume-placement-too-close-to-the-pickup-for-my-taste easily!
                    That black guitar is a Kramer.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                      Damn. I love YouTube.

Forbidden @ the Omni

Thorns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bby1M6MbNpc
                      Trapped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQZ8--sd10
                      SERIOUSLY? Right on, I'll have to check that out when I get home. (God I miss the Omni) they doing anything with that place now? I heard (quite a while ago) that it became some sort of genre club and stopped having bands there. any truth to that?

Damn it, so many bands I missed when I was in the bay area.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I never liked the band's music but they were all very nice guys. My friend dated their drummer Steve Jacobs and I once gave Russ a ride home from one of their final shows.

Forbidden did a pretty good cover of Venom's Rip Ride years ago.

Manmadegod is just okay. Kinda slow and doomy, nothing spectacular.

The Omni closed down years ago. I went to one (if not THE) final show which was Mercyful Fate.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          That black guitar is a Kramer.
                          Damn Youtube's crappy resolution! I still don't like that volume placement!
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Its a black Kramer Baretta... YEHA!!!
                            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                            custom made Les Paul
                            VOX Tonelab LE
                            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                            ADA MP1
                            BBE 422A
                            Lexicon MPX-G2
                            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                            Support Your Local 81

Comment

Tim and I touched base the other day. He was getting juiced with Jeff Loomis and Neil Kernon last weekend. Could they be talkin 'bout him getting back in..I hope so! He was Nevermore's best co-guitarirst IMO! He really gave Jeff a run for his money live..it really surprised me at the time!

He stated he is not getting involved with Forbidden. He's still busy flying planes!

It was cool to hear from him..he's a good dude!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

1) That shit makes me feel old.

2) I am old.

3) Couldn't understand one single word (something sounded like "dildo")

4) See #2
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X