Forbidden guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden guitars

Hey I never knew about this band (I was searching for the past groups that Paul Bastaph was before Slayer) and I see this concert of them in YouTube, and boy was I suprised of the guitars that they are playing: a black and yellow VH replica and a purple H-S white pickguard floyded trat that look killer!!!:headbang :headbang :headbang

What do you'll think?

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Forbidden was great! That's from The Ultimate Revenge II video that came out in the very late '80s. I've got that on VHS, Forbidden is the first band on there, and those four songs on there are probably just about worn out from playing it so much. I had never heard of them before that, but their performance stood out for me. Death, Dark Angel, Faith or Fear and Raven are also on there. The guitar player with the purple Strat is Glen Alvelais who was wound up in Testament at one time with Paul Bostaph. Tim Calvert took Glen's place and later wound up in Nevermore.
    The other guitar player, Craig Locicero, now has a band called Manmade God, but they're like grunge/alternative. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=52537679

It's too bad Forbidden never made it bigger, because they were incredible.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tim Calvert Has my Badge..two guitarist have my fuggin' Bage..Tim Calvert and Satch.

Ironically, Those are the first two threads in this section..WTF is that?

Tim gave me his digits..we BSd on the phone a couple times. Very nice guy..he had to quit NM because you couldn't make a living in metal several years ago. Barlow left for the same reason, now he's back in IE. Now, things are different at this time..but for how long..that's what I wanna know.

I predict as soon as Metal Mania and HBB goes of the air. But, we live in a different world ..kids are not glued to MTV as their only spoonfed music source. Not we have the youtubes, and Mespaces. This may maintain an interest and market in metal and guitar playing in general...that's agood thing IMO!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Forbidden rules..one of my very favorite metal bands of all time. I have all their stuff which is four studio cds and one live ep. Being that metal is popular agian andd many bands are reuniting like carcass, death angel, at the gates and so on..we could see another Forbidden cd..that would be fuggin' awesome!!

To me, Forbidden was kind of a link between Sanctuary and Nevermore in style. More technical than Sanctuary but not as technical as Nevermore, but without the QR influence..which made Tim a perfect seconadary guitarist for NM. I seen every line up of NM..Tim was the ONLY guitarist in NMK that gave Jeff a run for his money. I'm nor dissing any of the other players that were in that camp. You have to be an amazing player just to be in NM. But when I saw the Dreaming in Neon Black tour there were moments I thought Tim kicked Jeff's ass..and you know how I think about Jeff.

I LOVE this kind of metal..anyone into bands like Forbidden please check out Heathen, Toxic, Apocrypha, Defiance, Sabbat, Hexenhouse, Helstar with Andre Corbin and early Vicious Rumors!!!

These were some of the bands that inpire me most when writing my own music..I owe band such as these everything! Nevermore was the only band that carried that torch proudly and took it to another level. Only because they NEVER gave up..they stuck together through the bad time when there were only 50 people at best at their shows..

Eidolon could have been such a band as well. Shawn and Glen gave me their very first demo cassette. As amazing as their music was they never could seem to break..this was due to being stuck with medicore singers..that changed when they recuited LaRue of Pagans Mind on their last cd..but they need to get their own awesome singer. That is their only missing ingredient. If it wasn't for Megadeth..most still wouldn't of heard about Eidolon ..so that was a very good boost for them.

Right now my bud is in a band with Curran Murphy, and I may be involved with a side project with them..I heard some of there stuff they sent to me..and they really seem to be on the same page with all the bands I've mentioned above.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Heh. Apparently they got back together late last year and Gene Hoglan is playing drums!

(2001-2007)(Forbidden on hiatus)

(2007-present)
          • Russ Anderson - Vocals
          • Craig Locicero - Guitar
          • Glen Alvelais - Guitar
          • Matt Camacho - Bass
          • Gene Hoglan - Drums
          Here's the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidd...Reunion.28s.29

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Right now my bud is in a band with Curran Murphy, and I may be involved with a side project with them..I heard some of there stuff they sent to me..and they really seem to be on the same page with all the bands I've mentioned above.
            I saw NM with Curran as their touring guitarist on the DHIADW tour. He was never made an official part of the band, and then Jeff Waters stole him away for Annihilator, and supposedly there was some bad blood between NM and Curran for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I saw NM with Curran as their touring guitarist on the DHIADW tour. He was never made an official part of the band, and then Jeff Waters stole him away for Annihilator, and supposedly there was some bad blood between NM and Curran for awhile.
              That's right.. I guess they're cool now. Yeah Joe, Curran is in Shatter Messiah and now in Antithesis, that's where Ty , my singer/bud came from...and my freind Paul who I worked with in Attaxe. Paul was the one who introduced me to Jeff in '96..who used to Email each other all the time back then. Yeah, I saw Curran uring that tour but Jeff did most of the solos when I saw them. I think Jeff is just fine without another guitarist I've seen NM about a dozen time and about half those times he was on his own. They can't do alot of songs live because of that..but I think NM sounds better when it's just Jeff...he's much louder and he seems to goes nuts alot more.

It would be cool if Forbidden reforms with Tim ..and do some show. It would be awesome if they would open for Nevermore..givin' their history that may be a possibility!

Comment

Damn, I haven't listened to Forbidden in a long time but they do kick some major ass. I think step by step has to be one of my favorite tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondLX View Post
                  Damn, I haven't listened to Forbidden in a long time but they do kick some major ass. I think step by step has to be one of my favorite tunes.
                  Yeah, Me too..That's it..I'm putting on my Forbidden cds..It's officially Forbidden day!!

Comment

+2

Looks like I will be spending some time tonight loading Forbidden tunes into my IPOD.

Comment

What guitar is that putple one? I can't figure out what it says on the headstock.
                      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                      custom made Les Paul
                      VOX Tonelab LE
                      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                      ADA MP1
                      BBE 422A
                      Lexicon MPX-G2
                      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Forbidden...... EVIIIIIL! Russ is cool. They ripped it up with Death Angel at Slim's last month.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                          Forbidden...... EVIIIIIL! Russ is cool. They ripped it up with Death Angel at Slim's last month.
                          So they are back together??!!!

with Tim Calvert??!!

Comment

I always thought the purple guitar was a parts mutt and can't see a logo. Looks like a few yellow guitar pics are under the strings.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Heh. Apparently they got back together late last year and Gene Hoglan is playing drums!

(2001-2007)(Forbidden on hiatus)

(2007-present)
                              • Russ Anderson - Vocals
                              • Craig Locicero - Guitar
                              • Glen Alvelais - Guitar
                              • Matt Camacho - Bass
                              • Gene Hoglan - Drums
                              Here's the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidd...Reunion.28s.29
                              Bill, you missed my post earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X