• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symphony X Last night

Man, what a great live band. Amazing!
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

+1

Saw them in Hamburg in February, what an awesome gig.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'll be seeing them again on the 27th, can't wait.
      They always impress and have a good following here in Dallas.
      I'm anxious to hear Michael's Engls.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Saw them last night in San Diego at HOB, got an all-access pass from Russ, nothing like traveling in style!

Insanely awesome show - love Romeo's new Comparison signature model, and the tone through the Engls just KILLS! I really don't think he ever puts his guitar down - dude's non-stop practice/noodling....

Super nice all-around guys, too cool of them to let us hang in the green room...no pretense at all...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

+1 saw them open up on the G3 tour a few years ago and they kick ass live.

Comment

My favorite live band.
            Scott

Comment

I saw them in LA on Saturday - great show! On a side note, the substitute singer for Epica did a decent job too.

Comment

I'd really love to see these guys live. I've been diggin on Paradise Lost quite a bit these days.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

And good news - looks like I'm going again tonight! San Juan Capistrano, here I come!

Boy...work's gonna suck tomorrow... :ROTF:

Comment

I saw them in Toronto and they were great! into eternity was sweet too, although i didn't like Epica.

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                      And good news - looks like I'm going again tonight! San Juan Capistrano, here I come!

Boy...work's gonna suck tomorrow... :ROTF:
                      A lot tired today, but worth every minute. Coach House is a crappy venue for a show (they have dinner tables across the entire floor, and standing room is only on the edges, not the normal way around) which led to lots of jokes about it being "dinner theatre" and it being a game show (namely, "The Price is Right"). The guys even went as far as to get a copy of the theme from The Price is Right to use as the outro as they got off stage - classic...

Comment

Well.......saw the guys last night.
                        Great show as always but...........Michaels guitar rig sounded like mud, literally.

He had the Engls and they sounded like a thick comforter (like your grandma would have) was left over the cabs! No treble or presence whatsoever.

Everyone else sounded great. I could actually hear the keyboards this time which was nice and Russ's voice was better than ever.

I heard soundcheck too and everything sounded good except the guitar so I don't know. Someone must have gone deaf cause it sounded like shit.
                        Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                        Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                          Well.......saw the guys last night.
                          Great show as always but...........Michaels guitar rig sounded like mud, literally.

He had the Engls and they sounded like a thick comforter (like your grandma would have) was left over the cabs! No treble or presence whatsoever.

Everyone else sounded great. I could actually hear the keyboards this time which was nice and Russ's voice was better than ever.

I heard soundcheck too and everything sounded good except the guitar so I don't know. Someone must have gone deaf cause it sounded like shit.
                          I know they were trying to get Mike's keyboards up in the mix, and Nate (their sound guy) must have gone overboard...Romeo's tone was INSANE in San Diego and San Juan Capistrano though...bummer you had to see "sound experimentation night"...

Comment

I've seen them when they were supporting Dream Theater. They were alright, a little cheesy mind you, especially when the lead singer between songs said "Are you ready to rock?". I instantly thought of Jack Black singing it haha.

I only stood up when it was like the Sea of Lies solo or the sins and shadows solos. Romeo's guitar tone didn't impress me much.

Comment

Working...
                            X