Malmsteen Studio Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he scallop the V's?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalightning View Post
      I wonder if he owns any guitar cases?
      Yep, probably he has a couple of rooms filled with cases.

Comment

Ah yeah, so this one says number 4 on it, so yeah, this is the 4th startocaster ever made, really old...nice guitar......CLANG!!
        Yeah, so this here is a guitar given to me by Steve Vai, good friend of mine, really nice,....i use it as my toilet,.....CLANG!, and so over here...

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
          Yeah, so this here is a guitar given to me by Steve Vai, good friend of mine, really nice,....i use it as my toilet,.....CLANG!, and so over here...

I think we all agree he could use a few stands in there!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

He has always beat the crap out of all his guitars... thats a good thing. He is such a monster player and a student and fan of the guitar.

Comment

"so this one says number 4, I have a few of these ..." - a few, he has like 40.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                All his USA Jacksons are tucked away safely in their cases, thats all that matters

yeah those he has is his vault!
                damn he has some cool shit.
                vai,may,schon,roth all gave him guitars not to mention the highly valuable strats that are still stock
                lucky bastard!
                I seriously doubt he gives a rats ass what others think of him.
                When i met him years ago he was still playing the "duck" as his main axe and he let me try it out
                that thing plays like a DOG!
                I could not play that thing for shit! i sounded like ass, it had a mile high action and is deeply scalloped.
                I respected him even more after finding out how hard that guitar played!
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I've known concert violinist and celloist that can play the absolute shit out of their instruments, yet they baby them. I'm a firm believer in playing your guitars, collectable or not. But you don't have to disrespect the instrument by abusing it.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post

yeah those he has is his vault!
                    damn he has some cool shit.
                    vai,may,schon,roth all gave him guitars not to mention the highly valuable strats that are still stock
                    lucky bastard!
                    I seriously doubt he gives a rats ass what others think of him.
                    When i met him years ago he was still playing the "duck" as his main axe and he let me try it out
                    that thing plays like a DOG!
                    I could not play that thing for shit! i sounded like ass, it had a mile high action and is deeply scalloped.
                    I respected him even more after finding out how hard that guitar played!
                    You've played the Duck? Thats awesome! When i met him i couldn't get him to sign my Highway one strat but there was also a mile long line behind me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Crunch View Post
                      You've played the Duck? Thats awesome! When i met him i couldn't get him to sign my Highway one strat but there was also a mile long line behind me as well.
                      yeah this was at a very small club called the "cell block" in philly
                      I was there at soundcheck and at the show thanks to my bud who worked sound there
                      Yngwie was a great guy, he took the time to let me play the duck as well as shoot the shit with me for quite a while.
                      quite a experience and very educational
                      showed me how bad i really did suck on the axe!
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Megalightning View Post
                        I wonder if he owns any guitar cases?

A few years ago there was a Florida based dealer that sold dozens of his cases on ebay. Like many people who have quantities of guitars like that, the cases just dont matter & being" house" instruments most will probably never leave that studio in his life time anyway.
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Working...
                        X