Black Tide - Light From Above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tide - Light From Above

Just go buy it, download it, whatever. Nuf Said.

When you listen and start thinking, OK I know these guys, what members from what 80's bands are they from, forget it. They're 15-19 and unreal.

Damn good huh?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Damn good huh?
      Yes, seriously, that damn good.

Quite possibly the best debut metal CD in the past 10 years. Go dig it up, you will be thanking me. Honestly, it really is that good and freakin' scary considering the band members ages. It's like a band finally figured out how to fine tune the thread between Guns and Roses and shred Metallica. They even do a tribute to Metallica with Hit The Lights.
      Last edited by guitarzan2; 05-04-2008, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I've been watching them for some time and dig them a lot.Good to see the young old school stuff.
        Check out Black Stone Cherry they kick ass too.They are from my neck of the woods.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The kids are alright.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post

Quite possibly the best debut metal CD in the past 10 years.
            FANBOI ALERT!

Comment

Singer/Lead Guitarist has skills, along with the producer.
              USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
              USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                FANBOI ALERT!

Downfall Douchebag Alert.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Were they the band featured in the last Guitar Center catalog that they mail out?

I'll have to give it a listen.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

I'm digging them. I don't know if I'd say that it's the best debut metal album in 10 years but it's decent.

I like how the reviewer from Blabbermouth said it was like a CD you bought in 1989 but forgot you had. That about sums it up. Nothing "new" at all, but refreshing because it's a style of music you haven't heard in a while.

If these guys stay on track, they could really make some noise in the future.

And my 9 year old son loves them which is strange because the singer/guitarist is only 6 years older than he is.
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm glad to see that Gabriel is listed as a Jackson endorsee now. He's been playing them by choice and really seems to dig the brand, but I was afraid Jackson would drop the ball and he'd end up with Dean or ESP. IMO, this kid has the potential to move a hell of a lot of guitars for them, and most importantly- bring in younger players.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post

Quite possibly the best debut metal CD in the past 10 years.

No.

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
                          No.
                          OK OK So I had been drinking quite a bit Sunday night and playing all these new CD's(Black Tide, Def Leppard, Whitesnake). Of the 3, no contest, the Black Tide is the best by far. It's still a very impressive debut by a very young band. If you had not read their ages here and just listened to the CD, you would have though it was from a much older group of seasoned rockers. It really is very, very good.

Comment

Black Tide live on Jimmy Kimmel Live:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I really dig the CD but is his voice changing? That vocal performance sounds nothing like the CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X