Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some "Old Farts"...can still rip your head off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soto has a killer voice. Great work on the YJM albums. He had some solo stuff too didn't he?

I always thought Neal rocked and his talents were wasted for the most part in Journey and Santana.

Glad to see he can still rip off the licks.

Who's the bass player from? Great Sheehan type chops.
    07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Rocking stuff, sounds great!

And I not only love the cookie monster, I got two of them in my bands.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Great vocals by Soto, as always, and Schon is a monster on the guitar. I never felt he got the credit he deserved. Journey always stayed toward the softer, safer side of things, and didn't really allow Neal to stretch out and show what he was capable of.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I think the bass player is Marco Mendoza. My first exposure to him was a live Thin Lizzy album that came out I think in the 90s where Sykes was fronting the band. I think he's the bass player in Whitesnake right now as well.

Comment

Awesome tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              I love this stuff! And all you "Cookie Monster" lovers...this is what
              vocals should sound like! (yeah..ive had 2 white russians, so im feeling
              my geritol
              !) Some old overweight guy playing a LP...he's not bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_zJX...eature=related

I haven't drunk anything but I got a strike to the left side of my neck , at training.And my head's been aching for like 6-7 hours now. So, it's pretty much the same thing
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                I think the bass player is Marco Mendoza. My first exposure to him was a live Thin Lizzy album that came out I think in the 90s where Sykes was fronting the band. I think he's the bass player in Whitesnake right now as well.
                Yeah Mendoza was actually holding back on this tune!

Comment

Check out this one
                  Recorded live at the Somerville Theater in Somerville, MA on 4/10/05

Stand Up from the Rockstar movie, Schon playing instead of Zakk, it rocks.
                  www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                    WAS in Whitesnake

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    Yeah Mendoza was actually holding back on this tune!
                    no, he didn't hold back, he played what the song required
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

he rocks
                      07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

oh yeah, Marco is fucking great.... very good stage presence and great sence of groove... he frequently plays with his jazz band in south Cali... some pretty amazing stuff
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          WAS in Whitesnake

no, he didn't hold back, he played what the song required
                          See, thats where i would be much better than Marco! I would wank
                          all over that tune, until Neal asked me to leave! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
                            Check out this one
                            Recorded live at the Somerville Theater in Somerville, MA on 4/10/05

Stand Up from the Rockstar movie, Schon playing instead of Zakk, it rocks.
                            Steel Dragon kicks ass!

Comment

I like that version better than the "movie" version. God, I think I saw a Fender, a Diezel, and a Marshall all behind Neal, and was that an Ibanez RG he was playing? Sweet.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Another great tune from Soul Sirkus....Killer feel to it.
                                JSS sounds like a ballsier, edgier and more consistent Chris Cornell.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
                                X