GW Article - Rhoads' Gear Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GW Article - Rhoads' Gear Photos

Anyone see the article on Randy in the latest GW issue? Interesting stuff, I guess the family brought some of his gear out of storage for a photo shoot at their music school, with his Marshall head, pedal board and some guitars. Nice shot of his mom posing with the black Jackson, I think she might be trying to play the Flying High Again riff.

The dvd is supposed to have Zakk demoing the new Marshall amp but I haven't checked that out yet.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Yeah, I read the article last night. Some cool pics of his gear. And that pic of Randy's last set list - with the guitars to be played for each song - was spooky. Sent chills through me.

It was nice to hear Randy's family's image of him. The media has so diefied him in death, that it was refreshing to hear of him as a "regular guy" from his mom, brother & sister.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Yeah, I read the article last night. Some cool pics of his gear. And that pic of Randy's last set list - with the guitars to be played for each song - was spooky. Sent chills through me.

It was nice to hear Randy's family's image of him. The media has so diefied him in death, that it was refreshing to hear of him as a "regular guy" from his mom, brother & sister.

RIP.
      Yeah, it was interesting they wrote "Charvel" on the set list instead of "Jackson".
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

any pics on the net?

RR was the reason I started guitar in 81? The man was God.
        07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Scan the article pics please.
          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
          custom made Les Paul
          VOX Tonelab LE
          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
          ADA MP1
          BBE 422A
          Lexicon MPX-G2
          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
          Support Your Local 81

Comment

Scan the article +1000
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              Yeah, it was interesting they wrote "Charvel" on the set list instead of "Jackson".
              I saw that too, and i'd imagine it was the same on the rest of his set lists for the tour. I guess he was a Charvel fan at heart.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Not exactly, bro. Remember, Randy had the very first "Jackson". He called it a "Charvel" because that's all that J/C had ever built until his V. I remember reading interviews with him where he personally referred to it as a Charvel, too. There was no Jackson "brand" at that point. It was just Grover's name on the headstock.

Comment

How long did Randy have that black Jackson before he passed? I can't recall any photos of him actually playing it, just a few photos of it sitting in a stand.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Not exactly, bro. Remember, Randy had the very first "Jackson". He called it a "Charvel" because that's all that J/C had ever built until his V. I remember reading interviews with him where he personally referred to it as a Charvel, too. There was no Jackson "brand" at that point. It was just Grover's name on the headstock.
                    good to know....
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                      How long did Randy have that black Jackson before he passed? I can't recall any photos of him actually playing it, just a few photos of it sitting in a stand.
                      I've seen photos of him playing it live...I believe he only used it for one song in the set. IIRC he only had it for a week or two before the accident.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have any pics of him playing it. But I do have a video of him holding it when he won the Best new Guitarist.

Comment

There was a photo of Randy holding/playing the black one, not live, but in like a studio shot or something with his other guitars nearby in a Rhoads tribute mag that came out earlier this year.
                          Jackson KV2
                          Jackson KE1T
                          Jackson KE1F
                          Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                            Nice shot of his mom posing with the black Jackson, I think she might be trying to play the Flying High Again riff.

You sick fucker! In view of the circumstances, I reckon that possibly wouldn't be the song that springs immediately to her mind, do you?
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Very cool article. I loved the side article too about Randy's footboard. Awesome pics all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X