Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath Past Lives

Holy Holy moly!!!!!

This is just awesome, I bought it a week ago and just keep playing the first disk over and over!!!

I love the way the feedback just bursts up between sludgy chords. Awesome energy!!!!!!!

What's a Black Sabbath?
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

..classic!

I've been on a big time Deep Purple kick myself...

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        ..classic!

I've been on a big time Deep Purple kick myself...

Yeah, I got to get new copys of Made in Japan and Made in Europe, no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          Yeah, I got to get new copys of Made in Japan and Made in Europe, no doubt!
          Exactly..I got baked and really listened to Ritche..he's a bad mo fo. I've listened to those songs many times and heard alot things for the first time.

Iommi is Metal.. the beginning of the end for me. My dad cranked Iron Man when I was 8 and..well..look at me.

Comment

Blackmore was my inspiration to start playing, I'm 44 and he's still my hero,

Has everyone see these?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

aparently it's the last electric stuff, before he started playing lute with his young hot wife (he's my hero in every way!)

Comment

Oh Yeah, He put alot of stuff out with her called "Blackmores's Night"..I'm 44 Too.

My first song..smoke on the water..

Comment

I saw the Deep Purple reunion show here in Indy (years ago) with all the original members and it was remarkable to say the least. As would be obvious, Ritchie was stellar and his insane solo that in itself was for me, a moment which I'll never forget. The mans writing, playing and little nuances gets overshadowed by the glitz and glamor side of things.
                Before there was Malmsteen, Edward, Vai, Satch, Lynch and plenty of others,
                there was Blackmore, Beck and Hendrix. No need to say more.
                In my eyes, it least to me anyways, Ritchie, Jeff and Jimi are the Giants of rock guitar.

I might as well follow suit, I'm 44 too.
                Last edited by Soap; 06-05-2008, 09:20 PM.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Haw haw! You old codgers! I'm only 42!

Comment

+1 on Past Lives. what a great set of recordings.

that has the best version of Hole In the Sky ever.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                      Haw haw! You old codgers! I'm only 42!
                      Kids! Im 53 ... I got chunks in my stool bigger than you! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Oh Yeah, He put alot of stuff out with her called "Blackmores's Night
                        They are still playing pubs here and there. Bizarre!
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

My first love in music will always be punk, but when it comes to Metal Sabbath and Motorhead are the ultimate metal bands for me (I'm only 38!). Sabbath were the first proper out and out metal band imo and Tony Iommi virtually invented heavy-metal. Lots of people go on about Led Zep and Purple, two great bands but when it comes to metal, Sabbath are the ones for me and Iommi is probably one of the most innovative gutiarists along with Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen in this genre. Iommi was the first to really emphasise the riff based song, the first to tune down to keys as low as C and the first to just play heavy heavy music, heavier than anything that had come before. I love every Sabbath album right up to The Seventh Star (which was really only Iommi on his todd). I haven't heard Past Lives believe it or not but will get it ASAP. Iommi = Legend

Last edited by Retaliator; 06-11-2008, 03:06 PM.
                          Charvel Model 4
                          Charvel 475 Deluxe Exotic
                          Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/retaliato

Comment

yeah iommi is god! blackmore is great also! purple and rainbow kicked ass. 44 also. Ozzy said they wanted to do something different then the peace, love thing that was going on at that time,Something like scary and dark type of music and thats when sabbath's sound came to life.
                            Last edited by ken361; 06-13-2008, 09:25 AM.
                            EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                            1959Epiphone les paul
                            george L cables
                            mxr pedals
                            Engl fireball 100

Comment

Iommi is the reason I picked up a guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X