X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatebreed fuckin' rules.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

If any of you old skool HC guys care.....

CRO-MAGS Age of Quarrel was recently re-issue. Remastered. + demo tracks. Have to say, it sounds killer. And I have the old versions to compare it to. Check it out if y'all care.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
        If any of you old skool HC guys care.....

CRO-MAGS Age of Quarrel was recently re-issue. Remastered. + demo tracks. Have to say, it sounds killer. And I have the old versions to compare it to. Check it out if y'all care.
        I have it on vinyl, and it sounds damn good already. I'm gonna have to check that out.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I likes me some pretty harsh music, but can't say (at least from that particular example) that I'm crazy about Meshuggah. I found the vocals monotonous & irritating by the end of the song. The sound altogether made me think they have too many bassists & not enough guitarists. As to the breakdown, I guess I somehow missed where it got interesting/technical/complicated (not that I could do any better, mind you).

Give me the break down from Sepultura's Dead Embryonic Cells any day:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=exHc3U9RjME @ 3:07.

|My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Meshuggah should cover this...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh...wow...gonna have to pass on that...thanks though.
              -Chris

Comment

Regarding all the meshuggah and such the awesomeness of None, Destroy Erase Improve and Chaosphere were all done with 7-strings tuned in A# reasons for if you watch the live vid for Future Breed Machine Thordendal doesn't even touch the 8th string since it' tuned to F but the later albums like ReNothing(the original Nothing was on tuned down 7-strings but was re-recorded because it kinda sounds silly), I, Catch33 and obZen use 8-strings. The best albums for someone to start on Meshuggah would be Contradictions Collapse, None and Destroy Erase Improve since those albums make a lot more sense than the later ones. Plus Meshuggah is one of the best bands ever Live THEY ARE SO AMAZING HOLY SHIT anyone whom even likes Meshuggah a bit should go see them live F-tuning sounds great live!

....wow....that was long...
                Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
                Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
                Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
                Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
                Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

Comment

Oh yeah Contradictions Collapse was recorded with 6-strings tuned down half a step.
                  Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
                  Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
                  Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
                  Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
                  Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

Comment

Holy crap that sucked. Why do people think Meshuggah is talented? It's like first-year music students that are trying to write something in a weird time signature and failing, epically.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Holy crap that sucked. Why do people think Meshuggah is talented? It's like first-year music students that are trying to write something in a weird time signature and failing, epically.
                      Fredrik and Thomas were one of the most talented jazz musicians in Sweden... they can play circles around Symphony X or any of that kind of crap
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        Fredrik and Thomas were one of the most talented jazz musicians in Sweden... they can play circles around Symphony X or any of that kind of crap
                        Then why don't they?

edit: Is there another song that is a better example of their musical abilities?
                        Scott

Comment

Then why don't they?

edit: Is there another song that is a better example of their musical abilities?
                          by musical ability do you mean musicality or wank-fest?

that being said you can listen to some of their albums and find out for yourself... Fredrik's solo album is pretty cool too... he plays there with Morgan Agren from experimental jazz band Mats/Morgan... he is one of the sickest drummers in the world... he was hand picked by Frank Zappa himself... also has played with Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Tony Iommi etc.
                          needless to say he doesn't play with shitty guitarists
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            by musical ability do you mean musicality or wank-fest?
                            I mean musicality. Anybody can practice for 12 hours a day and be able to shred. The song in the video was just very boring to me and screamed "weird rhythms for the sake of weird rhythms."
                            Scott

Comment

I mean musicality. Anybody can practice for 12 hours a day and be able to shred. The song in the video was just very boring to me and screamed "weird rhythms for the sake of weird rhythms."

What would be YOUR definition of jazz then?

Unless you want to tell me that an accomplished jazz musician is just a 1st year music student.
                              Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-17-2008, 11:27 AM.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I really like them, but I don't like the singer. the band is good enough for me to put up with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X