Sickest fucking breakdown ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickest fucking breakdown ever.

Could be the heaviest shit I've ever heard. Blows the album version out of the fucking water!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

3m33
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get really into them

Comment

I hate the type of signing... I hate it with a passion...
      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

All I heard was a guitar tuned so low that it might as well have been a bass, and it was playing the same couple of notes over and over again in an almost-random fashion. Then he stops in the middle to play a random 'solo' on the 'guitar-tuned' strings for a little bit using them to make funny noises.

Oh yeah and some asshole monotonously growling over the top of it...

Maybe 'Sick' as in 'something is wrong with it.'

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          All I heard was a guitar tuned so low that it might as well have been a bass, and it was playing the same couple of notes over and over again in an almost-random fashion. Then he stops in the middle to play a random 'solo' on the 'guitar-tuned' strings for a little bit using them to make funny noises.

Oh yeah and some asshole monotonously growling over the top of it...

Maybe 'Sick' as in 'something is wrong with it.'
          Absolutely agree! Give me Godsmack, Bullit for my Valentine,
          Sevendust.. super heavy, but understandable lyrics, and SOME
          melody!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            Give me Godsmack, Bullit for my Valentine,
            Sevendust.. super heavy,
            :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
            Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-10-2008, 04:01 PM.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I love the Meshuggah rhythms/polyrhythms and the dissonant sense of melody. I know some people prefer to listen to music rather than count through it, their use of polyrhythms just fascinates me. The guitars are usually tuned to low F, which may not come over very well live, but the recorded versions, especially the latest album sounds great. I've been listening to it non stop for over a month.

I found it hard getting into Meshuggah when I first started listening. I think it was the nothing album but after listening to some of the more accessible stuff (combustion, rational gaze, new millenium cyanide christ to name a few) I really "got" what they are about. To each his own I guess. No further comments milord.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I dig them. They are fuckin' brutal. I love that.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I could only take about 5 seconds of that. Thank God for the red x in the upper right hand corner of my screen and the mouse with which to click it.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I listened to it 3 times and have listened to most of their albums at least 2 times trying to figure out what is so great about them.

If you just want stuff that's rhythmically complex for the hell of it, go to a marching band competition and start growling over the bands. It will sound similar except their will be more melody! :ROTF:

Comment

I dig 'em. Others don't. To each his own.

Comment

Not my type of music either, but ican appreciate how others might like it. There are countless colors, smells, tastes in this planet so each can find it's "place".

Having said that.... have our standards of musical playing and taste sunk so low where lyrics are unintelligible, guitar riffs sound like a Saturday morning chainsaw and drums sound like my 2 year old beating on pots and pans?
                        I don't mean that as a half ass cheap shot. While showing my age, I can remember how we huddled up to figure out how EVH played Eruption, or WD did the solo in Round and Round or the crazy shit Randy Rhoads use to play.

I mean clear notes and riffs that were hard to figure out and took weeks to get down without sounding like ass.
                        I think this new music is a reflection on how our hectic lives are driven by this high speed world. The frustration that some feel as they think they are getting left behind is dissipated by this "anger" music. I mean this guys are banging their heads in a way that Angus Young would think they are nuts. Cursing every other phrase and beating each other up in the pit.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Not really new......the album this song is on came out in 1995.

I can dig Meshuggah, but have to be in the mood. The new album is great.

Their drummer is a freegin' machine. Singer is the weakest link in the band.....he sucks bad.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MESHUGGAH is the best band on the planet. Maybe it's better that some people don't get 'em - getting into their sound seems to make other music unimportant, stupid in comparison. You have to have a taste for atonal intervals and scream, though.

And yes, the sickest breakdown! I love it when they do that - every album has at least a couple beautiful, heavy slower passages that sound like death and sex.

Maybe it's the Youtube factor that makes it muddled, but they are very precise and clear live.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                              where lyrics are unintelligible
                              Cursing every other phrase and beating each other up in the pit.
                              if the lyrics are unintelligible, how can you tell they are cursing every other phrase?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X