No announcement yet.

The Real Reason Marty Left Megadeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought Megadeth could have become the ultimate metal band... if they had a half-competent singer at least.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      That'd be cool, but then Richie would steal Marty's woman and get kicked out of the band.
      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
        I've always thought Megadeth could have become the ultimate metal band... if they had a half-competent singer at least.
        It's funny that you say that. Diehard Megadeth fans always use the excuse "well, Dave has a very unique voice." Well, dog shit has a very unique smell. Doesn't mean it's pleasing.

Having said that, there are plenty of Megadeth songs that I like. But we all know that studio wizardry can make just about anyone sound good. Well, there's Bob Dylan and ......
        "POOP"

Comment

I think you're both right. Dave does have a unique voice, and his singing is poor quality. Oddly enough, that formula can work, and has innumerable times. You already pointed out the king of wildly popular bad singers, Bob Dylan. How about the ultimate hard rock frontman, David Lee Roth? There are so many more, it would be impossible to list them all.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
            I think you're both right. Dave does have a unique voice, and his singing is poor quality. Oddly enough, that formula can work, and has innumerable times. You already pointed out the king of wildly popular bad singers, Bob Dylan. How about the ultimate hard rock frontman, David Lee Roth? There are so many more, it would be impossible to list them all.
            You're clearly a VH fan, or maybe you only like the later stuff with Hagar. Either way, I don't know where you're coming from with the DLR thing - I think he's a fantastic singer.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I never thought DLR was that good of a singer either. He was a very good showman/poser/performer, but not great in the singing department. I actually think Mustaine might be just a tiny bit better of a singer than DLR.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That'd be cool, but then Richie would steal Marty's woman and get kicked out of the band. :ROTF:
                I like Marty's playing a lot.

Having said that....I see a small problem with the above scenario.

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

DLR's fart has a wider range than Mustaine's voice
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That'd be cool, but then Richie would steal Marty's woman and get kicked out of the band. :ROTF:
                    Originally posted by petedz View Post
                    I like Marty's playing a lot.

Having said that....I see a small problem with the above scenario.

Good point! Richie better be sober around Marty at all times. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      DLR's fart has a wider range than Mustaine's voice
                      That's what Kotzen said too! :ROTF:
                      "POOP"

Comment

Dave's vocals sounded really good on Cryptic Writings and RISK. People may not like the direction of those two CDs, but the production was slicker than owl shit. He got a lot of bad press for his involvement, but Dan Huff did a kick ass job producing both of those albums.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          Dave's vocals sounded really good on Cryptic Writings and RISK.
                          +1 on Cryptic Writings. I didn't understand what they were going for with Risk, but I thought CW was outstanding.
                          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I always liked Dave's voice. But I think the bad has sucked since Cryptic Writings. Perhaps I should rephrase that.... they haven't put out anything that is pleasing for me to listen to since then.
                            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
                              +1 on Cryptic Writings. I didn't understand what they were going for with Risk, but I thought CW was outstanding.
                              +2. Cryptic Writings kicked ass!! Risk I just couldn't get into, and I've probably listened to the album less than a dozen times.

Comment

I like Megadeth, but since Poland and Friedman's departure its just not the same musically. Its good, but not like it was with Polland or Friedman.
                                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                                X