The Real Reason Marty Left Megadeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to each his own i say
    marty can like any music he wants as long as he keep kickin major ass on the axe!
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

,,,"sheeple"...
      CLASSIC!
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author
      www.myspace.com/intellishred
      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
        to each his own i say
        marty can like any music he wants as long as he keep kickin major ass on the axe!

I agree. My hat's off to anyone who is good enough at what they do that they can call their own shots & be true to themself. Isn't that what all of us would like to be able to do? People rag on Marty, Poland, and Skolnick (before he rejoined Testament), but all these guys are doing is making the music they want to rather than sticking with something they've lost interest in. I've read & seen enough Mustaine interviews that I think he's been lucky to be able hold on to anybody for more than 1 album.

Comment

nothing worse than being stuck in doing something you are not into... specially if you are a creative person... Marty did the right thing leaving Megadeth
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            nothing worse than being stuck in doing something you are not into... specially if you are a creative person... Marty did the right thing leaving Megadeth
            Especially when you're stuck under someone like Mustaine.

That being said, I would probably play guitar with Megadeth if I could. Beats the hell out of a normal job, at least for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              It's funny that you say that. Diehard Megadeth fans always use the excuse "well, Dave has a very unique voice." Well, dog shit has a very unique smell. Doesn't mean it's pleasing.
              Well this is not correct, Not that I disagree but it's incorrect. I'm a die-hard Megadeth fan, I have many close friends who are die-hard mega fans, I used to post regularly on Megadeth boards etc. etc. and the people you are mentioning is not more than half if not much less

I look at it this way, when a song gets stuck in your head, it's you singing the song (the melody & lyrics actually) so the vocal melody is what is important. Good voice is somehow like good guitar tone. Yeah if someone has a good guitar tone that's great but you don't hate a good guitar solo just because the tone isn't good enough..

As for the range thing, who cares anyway? It's just another version of "this guitarist can shred faster than that other one" There are lots of singers who have very wide ranges and can't write a good vocal melody.. There are dozens of Megadeth songs with great vocal lines, imho it's where Dave shows his genious & one of the most important aspects that made Megadeth successful

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              Dave's vocals sounded really good on Cryptic Writings and RISK. People may not like the direction of those two CDs, but the production was slicker than owl shit. He got a lot of bad press for his involvement, but Dan Huff did a kick ass job producing both of those albums.
              Completely agree, I'm a metalhead mostly but I enjoy all kinds of music and I like CW & Risk a lot..

Great point, I don't get it when people like us (metalheads, yeah I'm making an assumption here ) think it's bizarre that someone wants to make chick rock. What's wrong with that? Aren't we the ones who get pissed when people hate us listening to "noisy" music. Or call us useless pranks because of the way we dress, headbang etc. It's just a matter of personal choice

I like Marty more than Dave and although I wish he was still playing metal I don't see anything wrong with his decisions. I'm sure he banged lots of Japanese chicks there with his music which most of us would like to do
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                Well this is not correct, Not that I disagree but it's incorrect. I'm a die-hard Megadeth fan, I have many close friends who are die-hard mega fans, I used to post regularly on Megadeth boards etc. etc. and the people you are mentioning is not more than half if not much less
                Can I phone a friend?
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                  I'm sure he banged lots of Japanese chicks there with his music which most of us would like to do
                  Amen brother
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I guess I can understand leaving to do something you want..

But seriously..How the fuck do you go from Cacophony..Some of the hardest guitar parts there are, to strumming fucking power chords?

I'm glad he's happy, but seriously, what a waste of fucking talent.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                      I guess I can understand leaving to do something you want..

But seriously..How the fuck do you go from Cacophony..Some of the hardest guitar parts there are, to strumming fucking power chords?

I'm glad he's happy, but seriously, what a waste of fucking talent.
                      I have to agree

I don't have a problem with easy guitar parts but he doesn't seem to be doing good musically IMO he doesn't care anymore, he's just trying to have fun..
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Once again..Understandable.

But it really blows the big one when you have some die hard, ape shit cacophony fan such as myself (and the dude who made the video..We were both behind it..We are beyond obsessed with Jason and Marty..) to have him like, completely neglect his Cacophony days and abilities!

Find me one cacophony fan here that would not cream themselves if Marty posted a video of him playing Concerto, Savage, Where my Fortune Lies, Burn the Ground..Or whatever else..I'm not talking about those old bad quality youtube video's...
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

cacophony was horrible... the songs were beyond lame... I'd rather get crazy pussy in Japan than impress a couple of teenagers with fretboard karate
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

cacophony was horrible... the songs were beyond lame... I'd rather get crazy pussy in Japan than impress a couple of teenagers with fretboard karate
                            Hey, piss off. Fretboard karate rules!
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Speed Metal Symphony is possibly the best guitar instrumental ever.

Comment

Please attempt some of this fretboard karate.

Also, Cacophony had some of the most beautiful and unique melodies known to man kind.. Try those too.

Comment

Working...
                                X