The Real Reason Marty Left Megadeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
    Please attempt some of this fretboard karate.

Also, Cacophony had some of the most beautiful and unique melodies known to man kind.. Try those too.
    Endrik never said that fretboard karate was easy. But difficult to play does not necessarily equal good music.

And beauty is subjective. Just because you find those melodies beautiful or unique doesn't mean other listeners do.

fwiw though, Endrik has always been about music for its pussy drawing powers. Even while he's telling us that this bluegrass player or that 80 year old jazzman has more chops than which ever shredder du jour folks are presently discussing.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Cacophony lyrics and vocals were kinda lame I agree.

But the melodies, I don't care if you accept it or not but they ARE unique and amazing
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

G hit the nail on the head

definetly the melodies were unique... but that doesn't mean the whole songs didn't suck.... and what about that singer.. jeez

"Don't mess with the black cat, if you belive in superstition"
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          cacophony was horrible... the songs were beyond lame... I'd rather get crazy pussy in Japan than impress a couple of teenagers with fretboard karate
          Hey, to each his own. I'll take this 'karate' any day, every day. Sorry.

Comment

Oh, they had a singer in Cacophony? Never noticed before.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              Speed Metal Symphony is possibly the best guitar instrumental ever.
              Concerto is their best instrumental and the only song of theirs I can listen to on a constant basis. The rest are only put on when I'm in the mood for it.

What astonishes me more about the entire thing was how they had to record every track in ONE long take. That takes it to a whole different level.

And let's not be ridiculous here, Marty Friedman was beyond 'just good' and Jason Becker, had he never gotten ALS, would quite possibly be the best electric (rock) guitarist on the planet today.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                G hit the nail on the head

definetly the melodies were unique... but that doesn't mean the whole songs didn't suck.... and what about that singer.. jeez

"Don't mess with the black cat, if you belive in superstition"
                Even Marty and Jason say the lyrics were laughable, I'll give you that...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Oh..The songs totally suck.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                and Jason Becker, had he never gotten ALS, would quite possibly be the best electric (rock) guitarist on the planet today.
                God of more than Rhythm..God of...God!...
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

to veer slightly off topic: has anyone watched MF's picking technique? I've seen him play up close. To watch his picking hand makes my hands sore. Its very unique. But works for him

Comment

Yeah it's fucking bizarre that's for sure. I give Marty kudos for playing on one of my favourite speed thrash albums, Rust in Piece. That was really the one Megadeth album I got totally into.

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
                      to veer slightly off topic: has anyone watched MF's picking technique? I've seen him play up close. To watch his picking hand makes my hands sore. Its very unique. But works for him
                      He kind of went into detail about it in one of his instructional vids. He actually played a passage with a 'normal' position and he sounded just as proficient. But then he said he preferred a very 'fluid/legato' sound, even when picking, which he also cited as his reason for holding his hand the way he does.

Of course MF has never been the best alternate picker, but it works for him!
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                        He kind of went into detail about it in one of his instructional vids. He actually played a passage with a 'normal' position and he sounded just as proficient. But then he said he preferred a very 'fluid/legato' sound, even when picking, which he also cited as his reason for holding his hand the way he does.

Of course MF has never been the best alternate picker, but it works for him!
                        Yeah, he explains that he doesn't like the palm muting sound and that he likes everything to ring out, even if it risks sounding sloppy.
                        Originally posted by horns666
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                        X