Scott Ian On Playing With Stryper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian On Playing With Stryper...

Appologies if this is old news to some of you but it's the first time I've seen it. I honestly can't imagine Anthrax sharing a stage with a band like Stryper:

AVAILABLE AT WWW.LIGHTYEAR.COMGET THRASHED DVD RELEASE DATE - 9/16/08Scott Ian of Anthrax talks about the first time his band played L.A. with Stryper as ope...
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

I can imagine Anthrax sharing a stage with ANYONE if they're getting paid for it. Scott Ian and Charlie Benante would do a tour with Hitler if it meant they got paid.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I can imagine Anthrax sharing a stage with ANYONE if they're getting paid for it. Scott Ian and Charlie Benante would do a tour with Hitler if it meant they got paid.
      so true, remember when they were rising up to the top and taking the piss out of hair metal bands .. now thery're just a sad bitter shadow of the once great band they once were.

Comment

Fuck them. I was a huge fan - WCFYA was a brilliant album. I thought they were really back on form with that. Then they chased the sell out cash. Fuck em.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

As long as they're playing, good for them.

Comment

saw them on the priest tour, with joey. They sucked, bad. charlie is a great drummer, but theyve been terrible the 3 times ive seen them.
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

they were always terrible.

Only with John Bush is the only song of theirs I ever liked.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm a fan of both bands but Ian makes it sound like Stryper were a joke.

OK, maybe the whole Yellow & Black Schtick is/was goofy but not back THEN....and musically Stryper wipes the floor with Anthrax.
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                  OK, maybe the whole Yellow & Black Schtick is/was goofy but not back THEN....
                  oh please
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I like Stryper way more than Anthrax. I never understood why Anthrax was/is popular.

To Hell with the DEVIL!

Comment

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of Anthrax myself whereas I do like Stryper (regardless of their bumble-bee image). I just couldn't image the two bands sharing a stage!
                      sigpic
                      And on the 8th day,
                      God kicked back with a beer,
                      And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Being a believer(no specific religion) i do not think that religion belongs in music
                        music is entertainment not a vehicle for religion
                        btw scott is one of the nicest guys around met him at a show and he was real down to earth.
                        I love when he says "cant you just get one for $50 a hour" LOL!!!!!!
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                          I'm a fan of both bands but Ian makes it sound like Stryper were a joke.

OK, maybe the whole Yellow & Black Schtick is/was goofy but not back THEN....and musically Stryper wipes the floor with Anthrax.
                          Agreed 100%. I saw 100's of concerts back in the 80's and one of the most memorable and great shows was Stryper on the To Hell With The Devil tour.

Never saw Anthrax with John Bush but did see John Bush and Armoured Saint open up for Metallica who were opening for WASP back in 1984. Yes, Metallica(with Cliff) opening up for Blackie Lawless and WASP.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                            Being a believer(no specific religion) i do not think that religion belongs in music
                            music is entertainment not a vehicle for religion
                            I'm not religious in any way but...

Much of the greatest music ever written was written for and played in the Church.

Comment

I was a big fan of both, back in the day, but to put both of them, in one concert setting? Man, that's like ketchup on my waffles!
                              At some point in time, though, for both bands, I lost interest: With Anthrax, it was once they started doing the whole rock and rap shit. for Stryper, it was once every song was a overly pop-y power ballad, with a video to match. I bought In God We Trust, and then, that was it. I wanted to hear songs like The Way, and Soldiers Under Command. for me, it was never about the message, it was about the music. One of the best shows I ever saw was them, during the Soldiers Under Command period, and they were phenomenal. Saw a few people get clocked with those friggin bibles, too! hehe.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X