Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out Vai's short footage using a sustainer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out Vai's short footage using a sustainer.

He's very good at taking current technology and creating with it some entertaining moments.
    This very short footage shows that.
    Like a magician he creates a musical illusion using current technology.
    Thats what I've always liked about Vai he's notorious for pushing the envelope.
    He's one of the few dying breed, a real guitarist innovator/showmanship.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Thanks for sharing that,Soap.......and I totally agree about Vai pushing the envelope.The only thing that really bugged me about him was his tone,it always seemed thin.But he is a monster player and a icon for a dying breed..........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It has to be thin... he is an alien and needs that tone for better integalaxy travel jeje, but for me it's not THAT thin, there have beed guys that you hear them and say ¨men he really shreds, but that tone sucks¨... and you can never say that about Vai.
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

BTW, Didn't Jeff Beck or Allan Holdsworth gave Vai a red Charvel once???
        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
          It has to be thin... he is an alien and needs that tone for better integalaxy travel jeje, but for me it's not THAT thin, there have beed guys that you hear them and say ¨men he really shreds, but that tone sucks¨... and you can never say that about Vai.
          SO FRIGGIN TRUE!
          the guy is a genius no matter what tone he uses
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
            BTW, Didn't Jeff Beck or Allan Holdsworth gave Vai a red Charvel once???
            beck played soloist's so my bet is that is was allan that gave him this axe?
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I always liked this Vai vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhLdf...eature=related
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
              X