No announcement yet.

The return of the guitarsolo in the charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A7X, Stone Sour, Alter Bridge (my favorite), The Answer (great too), Black Stone Cherry, Atreyu, The Donnas (simple rock but it is fun), HIM(the new one has some great solos). The thing is bands who were never playing solos like Lostprophets or even Korn now do. It became the new trend.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      The reason why metal/guitar is cool again is because the mainstream (MTV, BET, VH-1, radio and ect) isn't the only source spoonfeeding people now. Thanks to myspace and youtube ect. People FINALLY know what they've been missing and can't get enough..they were deprived!!

Access to all forms of rock/metal is putting a hurtin on alot of promoters/bands. People know the difference between real metal and well..Disturbed for example. Bands like that will try either to catch up or fade away because they sound completely weak in comparison.

IMO it's phony and pathetic for a metal band to change to be popular (metallica, queensryche ect). Metal bands stay true disregaurding popularity. You NEVER play metal/solos to be popular..they do it because they love it. THAT'S genuine and most people can see that! That's why there' is alot of animosity for those bands..even within they're own camps!!

BTW I have a gripe with bands like Machine Head. Yeah, "Burn my Eyes" was cool in '94. But they are trendhoppers and put out 3-4 NU metal releases. Now they are a "metal" band again.."the new black"..which to me sounds like glorified Emo-"metal" with the standard, happy sing a long chorus..another trend...just like Trivium, KSE and ect. Sure they could play, they sound pretty good now that its SAFE to do so..oh, that is soooooooo metal...NOT! Yes, I know the difference!

Like I've always said, to judge the "greats" one must know ALL the players. I know all the players in the mainstrean..take my word for it, they're not that good. Nothing many of us couldn't do better if given the chance.

BUT BUT BUT..I would take all these "cute" rock stars and wannabe guitar heros over what we had to endure for 15 years.."in the charts" that is. At least I hear guitars these days, instead of DJ's scratching a fuggin' record , which was enjoyable as a hot poker up my ass. So kudos to the bands givin' a shit about guitars again. I'd take any of 'em over the likes Limp fuggin' Bizkit or KOrn anyday!!!

If Limp Bizkit decides they wanna be a METAL band now..I'm actually going to kill Fred Durst. I'll pudslap him to death, then put his red baseball cap on my pud..backwards! Then my pud will front Limp Bizkit and nobody would know the fuggin' difference!

BTW..No apologies for my rant. Thou are BLESSED to have my presence bestowed upon thee!!!

FUGGUMS!
      Thanks Bill ! (had a break from wankin huh?

Comment

I will say one thing -- solos don't "Sing" the song the way they used to, but at least the effort is being made.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Nah.
          You think bands should play solos because they're trendy then?
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I for one am actually enjoying(finally !!!!) some of the newer younger bands who actually have some guitar skills. Currently I'm listening too:

Atreyu
            Avenged Sevenfold
            Trivium
            Bullet For My Valentine
            Black Tide

It's been kind of hard to find newer, younger bands that still play old-school enough for me to like, that bridge the gap and stay away from the more growly vocals or are just plain too emo. Any more suggestions for bands in this vein ?

Comment

Solos may be back in the charts but most of em suck the big fleshy one!
              bunch of paganini wannabe's!
              I friggin hate those two guys in dragqueenforce and that singer should be shot
              Last edited by savage; 07-02-2008, 10:21 AM.
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
              X