X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some Steel Attack

SUP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYqJpEXS0A&feature=related

I think i'm getting addicted to this band.
    Any one else grooving on this shit?

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I've been listening to them on my Prog metal station from Pandora radio.

They're pretty good. Found a lot of cools bands from Pandora like:

Masterplan
    Pagan's Mind
    Concerto Moon
    Angra
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

They're awesome... We were supposed to open for them during their Stockholm gig last month, but the gig got cancelled (all their backline stuff was in a truck that broke down on the highway) - massive bummer, but massively good band.
      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Yep, got everything they put out and been listening to them since their first WMF almost 10 years ago..they've gotten better with each release but my fave is still DS and Enslaved.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That singer bothers me a little, but the song is great.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

They played my J/Cs when they were here a couple years ago for a festival, so there are some pics of them playing my guitars in the Steel Attack photo gallery. Under normal circumstances, it would have been cool, but I arrived at the show (volunteer tech/guitar supplier on first day, playing second day) to find that the two bands using my gear - Steel Attack and Gaia Epicus - played very different alternate tunings and had very different expectations in mind. I was camped out backstage for a couple of hours, missing almost all of fellow JCFers Division's set because I was trying to do impromptu setups on my two Jacksons and a freebie *sponsor* guitar that ended up being a bottom-of-the-line Halo POS with jagged frets and a warped neck. One of the Steel Attack guitarists then proceeded to tinker with the Dinky XL that I'd just finished working on, negating everything I'd done to it. Good stuff!

Needless to say, I don't remember much of Steel Attack's set. I do recall them handing back the XL with no time left for me to get it tuned up for Gaia Epicus, whose guitarist went out there with that Halo. A few minutes later, he comes back with his hand bleeding from the Halo's frets, so I half-assed ANOTHER Floyd setup and sent him back out there. Then the EMGs on my OTHER Jackson died mid-set, so the Halo was pressed back into service. The only high point was when GA's bassist said of my Charvel 3B: "This is how a bass should sound!"

No more loaning out guitars for me, and no more allowing myself to get roped into teching at a show when I actually want to watch some bands.
            sigpic

Comment

Gaia Epicus is also great...
              - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Working...
              X