Cunning Stunts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunning Stunts...

So I'm watching this DVD tonight -- bored I guess...(and about 5 beers into the day -yep, bored...)

Anyway, remember when Metallica was cool AND hated at the same time on the Napster era? I was just watching this and wishing Jason was still in the band - what a great player and crowd fave...

Anyway, take a second look at it if you haven't lately and try to remember Metallica before they were a social experiment.

If anyone wants my copy, I'll give it to you. Sloppy performance by a washed up band IMO.
    Scott

Comment

Okay then...

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        If anyone wants my copy, I'll give it to you. Sloppy performance by a washed up band IMO.
        I'll take it...
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Jason is cool but Robert fits the band better.

If you're a Cliff fan that is.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Robert is too good for what they have become.

Comment

That's true.

But spit on me and call me Charlie, I dug St. Anger. The snare didn't bother me at all and I thought the title track rocked balls.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Robert is too good for what they have become.
                Yep, absolutely and he would roll over if he knew what they became.
                In regards to the concert dvd, I have it and watch every blue moon.

Personally, I prefer the Binge and Purge concert dvd.
                It really captures the fans and the bands performance better I think, but to each his or her own.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                  It really captures the fans and the bands performance better I think, but to each his or her own.
                  Totally agree with you. B&P was a masterpiece in it's day.

Comment

Everybody immortalizes Cliff Burton like he's some fucking deity, well he's not, he's dead - he died - and he ain't coming back.

No doubt Cliff's death greatly altered Metallica's future, whether good or bad no one will ever really know for sure, but what I know is that despite all their flaws they are a great freaking band that made some kick ass music, and have never failed to sell out a show.

I have high hopes for their next album, but admittedly luke warm-expectations.

Regardless, I would never pass up the opportunity to see them in concert.

-Steve
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Metallica's just gotten really weird lately... I watched "Year and A Half" the other day, and I have to say I can't even comprehend that it's the same guys! Body Snatchers, anyone?
                      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                        Everybody immortalizes Cliff Burton like he's some fucking deity, well he's not, he's dead - he died - and he ain't coming back.

No doubt Cliff's death greatly altered Metallica's future, whether good or bad no one will ever really know for sure,
                        yes

I love when all the so called "true 'tallica" fans claim that if Cliff would be alive then they would have never turned out to what they are today.... and basically hoping that all the albums would be like MOP

it's fucking hilarious.... do they even know what backround they have... James and Kirk were alway fans of classic rock and blues (that's why there are albums like Load and Reload)... Lars was the only true metalhead in the band.
                        but Cliff had such an eccentric taste in music... I bet they would have started doing some pretty weird experimental/alternative music if he wouldn't have died
                        Last edited by Endrik; 06-29-2008, 03:07 AM.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                          +1000
                          Scott

Comment

I thought the Stunning Cunts DVD was totally ruined by James singing like Elvis, with his "yeah" and "oh" at the end of all the lines. His vocals have become intolerable.

Is there a good old school Metallica DVD around? The Binge and Purge stuff maybe? Cunning Stunts is on a par with S+M IMO, in the fact that both are horrendous.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Cliff 'Em All FTW!
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X