No announcement yet.

Viv Campbell slams Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he an official Gibson artist? I don't recall seeing ads with him for Gibson but maybe I just hadn't noticed.
    Last edited by Larz; 07-01-2008, 03:02 PM.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Lets see if Viv is as big as the most recent Sig Gibsons I can think of.

Slash? Nope, not anywhere near as big as Slash. He's a better guiarist though.

Alex Lifeson? Please.

Dave Grohl? Not even close, bud.

Steve Howe? Chuckle.

Those are the few newer Sig models I can think of. I don't really thing Viv belongs with those guitarists.

Maybe he should run back to Rand. He'd be the big fish in that pond.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Not to go too far off track, but the Slash Sig LP has MOTO inlays? Says so everywhere it's for sale. WTF? $4400 for MOTO?

Vass

Comment

Don't most Les Pauls have MOTO inlays?

Comment

Viv's silver sparkle LP is one of the coolest guitars ever
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              Don't most Les Pauls have MOTO inlays?

Just took a look. You're right. I'm surprised. Knew my Studio was MOTO but thought for sure the higher end models were MOP. Not the case.

Vass

Comment

One of the many reasons to not like Gibson at this point.

Comment

Les Paul Standards have had MOTO inlays since day one. The Customs have MOP inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                    Viv isn't saying anything about quality control, he is saying that he doesn't appreciate the way they treat their artists.

The only time I ever hear him speak or read articles about him he's complaining about something. He's a baby...

That's how I read it as well. And yep, always complaining lately. This is how I'd like to remember him, absolutely brutalizing this LP:

Ronnie James Dio performing "Rainbow In The Dark" on a US late night television show, "The Rock Palace." I believe this was recorded very shortly after the r...

He needs to quit whining & take it out on the axe, like he did when RJD used to piss him off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Lets see if Viv is as big as the most recent Sig Gibsons I can think of.

Slash? Nope, not anywhere near as big as Slash. He's a better guiarist though.

Alex Lifeson? Please.

Dave Grohl? Not even close, bud.

Steve Howe? Chuckle.

Those are the few newer Sig models I can think of. I don't really thing Viv belongs with those guitarists.

Maybe he should run back to Rand. He'd be the big fish in that pond.
                      Zakk?

Even that goofball from Blink 182 - whatever the heck his name is...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Zakk?

Even that goofball from Blink 182 - whatever the heck his name is...
                        Yep, both those assclowns are bigger than Viv.

Sucks to be on the bottom sometimes.

Comment

Its too bad Vivian Campbell can tear it up better than half the dudes who play Gibson... Dave Grohl?? I mean seriously wtf... John Sykes has a signature les Paul, and the first time I read it I was like John Sykes who?? I'm glad Viv slammed Gibson, they absolutely suck(the corporation does, not the guitars)... They're over priced, they have QC issues, and they sue EVERYONE over EVERYTHING.

Personally I like Viv's playing with Def Leppard... him and Phil are both good at writing solo's that fit the songs.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

not to mention Vivian is a VERY cool and down to earth dude. When I met him i bet I could've talked to him for hours if there weren't other fans there wanting autographs.

Comment

Maybe it's because Dave Grohls albums go multi-platinum and Leppards struggle to go gold? I don't know.

And John Sykes who? Did you just say that? Oh boy. This won't be good.

Comment

AT THE TIME I didn't know who John Sykes was.. then I did some research on him, I like his guitar playing alot.

I bet Def Leppard fills the arena better than the Foo Fighters.. Def Lepp always draws a huge crowd. Not to mention Def Leppard sold more albums than the Foo Fighters could probably ever think of selling.

Comment

John Sykes is the guy who provided the awesome gitfiddling Viv mimed to in those Whitesnake videos

From a quick around the net, it seems that DL have sold considerably more albums over the course of their career. But the bulk of them were sold nearly 20 years ago. They have sold no where near as many albums as the Foo Fighters the last few years. As a result, Dave Grohl has a much higher profile TODAY than that other guy who joined Leppard to replace Steve Clark years after they were relevant to the general music buying public

Hell, the only DL you hear on the radio over here now are songs from Hysteria and when I mentioned to some work colleagues that they were touring, they were surprised to hear that the band was still together.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X