No announcement yet.

Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the new guy sound like Perry though? Because to me, Journey is Steve Perry.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by spivonious View Post
      does the new guy sound like perry though? Because to me, journey is steve perry.
      yes.

Comment

Journey is just awesome!!
        www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Neal is a mo'fo. I've seen them live several times in a past few years, and he kicks @ss each time. The rest of the band is sure holding up their end of the bargain, too.

Comment

Here are some clips:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I wasn't a big Journey fan in their heyday, but I really became one later on. Comparing stuff like this to what's on the radio now, it's staggering to think how much great talent we just took for granted back then. WRT seeing them without Steve Perry, I wouldn't go see them with the other guy they replaced him with, but there's just something cool about how they got Arnel. I'd go check them out them now.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              Comparing stuff like this to what's on the radio now, it's staggering to think how much great talent we just took for granted back then.
              Yeah - think of bands like Styx, REO Sppewagon, ELO, Cheap Trick, Queen and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Here are some clips:

I wasn't a big Journey fan in their heyday, but I really became one later on. Comparing stuff like this to what's on the radio now, it's staggering to think how much great talent we just took for granted back then. WRT seeing them without Steve Perry, I wouldn't go see them with the other guy they replaced him with, but there's just something cool about how they got Arnel. I'd go check them out them now.

+1. I never really got into them, back then, but grewto appreciate Schon's brilliant playing ability. still, though, I'd go see them with Arnel. I like him better than Steve Augeri, but Arnel needs to learn to sing to the audience, and not to himself. Too much of the closed-eyes singing.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Steve A. was pretty good too, though. I think the whole "closed-eye" singing thing was almost a Journey trademark.

Comment

There is only 1 Steve Perry!
                    It would be nice if his replacements would sing with more originality.
                    Neal Schon has always been way underated. He has great tone, and knows how to accent a song.
                    1990 Jackson Professional
                    1992 Dean ML
                    2004 Epiphone Flying V
                    2005 Epiphone Dot
                    2009 Fender Stratocaster
                    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                    2006 Fender P Bass
                    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                    Custom Pedalboard
                    ADA MP1
                    ADA FX2
                    Tascam 2488

Comment

Neal Schon, what more is there to say!

*random thought of Family Guy's "Don't Stop Believin'" spoof*

Good times!
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Best Journey Spoof EVER!!!

...and the next best,

At DAV Productions we like to have fun from time to time. Here we decided to re-shoot the classic music video for the song Separate Ways by Journey!Concept: ...

Comment

The new album is great! I think the new singer has a very powerful voice and does justice to the old material. Neal Schon always kicks ass.

Comment

Got to listen to those clips. Wow he really does sound like Steve! I'll have to catch them the next time they go around the fairgrounds.
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X