Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey

I'm watching their concert from the "revelation" tour on VH1 Classic. New singer dude is pretty good!!

But every time I see Journey, all I can think about is what AMAZING TONE Neal Schon gets. He ALWAYS sounds awesome - it's like he got his amps & axes from GOD HIMSELF!! Same can be said for when I've seen them in concert - just...WOW!!

So I guess this would be a Neal Schon appreciation thread!!

That Goldtop with a floyd is pretty damn hot!! Just turned the concert on.

Comment

I just saw the same concert. The Drummer sings pretty well too. The new lead singer is pretty good, a couple of his phrasings seemed a bit off, but filling Steve Perry's shoes is no small job. I hope they do a new album soon, and I hope it's rockin.

And since this is a Neal Schon appreciation thread, I kind of hope they re-release HSAS, would be cool if that side project came back together for another album. I still listen to that album.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

New album is out and packaged with 11 old songs redone with the new singer, as well as the DVD of the concert that was just on VH1. Walmart for 11.88.

Been out since early June.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
          New album is out and packaged with 11 old songs redone with the new singer, as well as the DVD of the concert that was just on VH1. Walmart for 11.88.

Very cool, I'll have to pick that one up while i'm out CD shopping. I finally heard a couple Nevermore tracks so i need to go find one or two of their cd's now.

I look forward to new stuff with the new singer.
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

one of my all time fav guitarist and i gotta admit the new singer has some pipes
            i dont miss perry at all!
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I kinda do miss Perry, but Arnel is still great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post

Our drummer played that back in the green room, at our last show. I was amazed. Like someone said, the new singer's phrasing is a bit off at times (no surprise we catch it, as many of us were brought up on those songs), but it is damn good. During the current inception of "Don't Stop Believing", during that guitar repeat-run, in the beginning, it sounds like Neal's freboard is about to catch friggin' fire! Man, is he underrated!
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  I just saw the same concert. The Drummer sings pretty well too. The new lead singer is pretty good, a couple of his phrasings seemed a bit off, but filling Steve Perry's shoes is no small job. I hope they do a new album soon, and I hope it's rockin.

And since this is a Neal Schon appreciation thread, I kind of hope they re-release HSAS, would be cool if that side project came back together for another album. I still listen to that album.
                  Deen Castronovo (the drummer) is a GREAT singer, and could certainly front a band if need be. I've seen him sing some leads, but I can't recall the song... Arnel is VERY good. I suppose the phrasing could be off a bit - but English isn't his first language...

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                    That Goldtop with a floyd is pretty damn hot!! Just turned the concert on.
                    Sure makes me want a Les Paul with a Floyd!! I wonder what amps he was *really* using... He did have an awesome looking backline though...

Comment

Neal is up there with my tone god/heroes! What's in his rig?

BTW, Arnel and I lived on the same street back here in the Philippines, my cousin jammed with his band and I must say, he is really blessed with those pipes from the get go. Glad to hear you guys appreciate him.

Comment

Didn't Neal have a side project in 80\90's (I can't think of a name )I'm remembering a song called ' hot cherie ' or something like that ??
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

bad english
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Alright went through old stuff --- the band was Hardline check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxD_pXmD24I

solid 80's style - enjoy
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                              Didn't Neal have a side project in 80\90's (I can't think of a name )I'm remembering a song called ' hot cherie ' or something like that ??
                              That was Hardline - AWESOME cd.

**edit** - I see you figured that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X