Robbin Crosby's Last Solo...Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbin Crosby's Last Solo...Video

I dont know if any of you guys seen this. I have not seen it posted on this forum so here you go.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Those last interviews with him on "Behind the Music" were really heavy stuff.

Comment

Cool clip.

He just personified the 80s hair metal guitarist.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

he really attacks those strings doesn't he!!.. so sad the way it ended for him.

Comment

He was great talent, it was tragic to watch him decline. He was one of the reasons I picked up a Jackson.

Comment

you'll most likely not recognize him, but the short haired guy that you see in the lower right hand corner of the video is ratt bassist juan croucier. this was recorded in his studio.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

They showed that clip of the BTM episode, and then Pearcy says, "We knew he was done. He couldn't play any more." I thought that solo was quite tasteful in the typical "slow & steady" way that King did ALL his solos. Warren is great as well, but Crosby was really the one who laid down some wickedly simple but powerful solos.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Those last interviews with him on "Behind the Music" were really heavy stuff.
                his ONLY friend by then was

HEROINE!
                and maybe juan c?
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                  his ONLY friend by then was

HEROINE!
                  and maybe juan c?
                  Savage, I believe that others will discount that statement. There are members here that were close to "King" before he passed away.

You will learn a lot about him here: www.robbincrosby.net

A~
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
                    Savage, I believe that others will discount that statement. There are members here that were close to "King" before he passed away.

You will learn a lot about him here: www.robbincrosby.net

A~
                    Thanks and
                    Actually i am very happy i am WRONG about that info
                    I like robbin's work
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Curt (Hellraiser) & Sully were pretty tight with Robbin, but for the most part, it seems the guys in Ratt just left him out to dry with maybe the exception of Juan. Of course, they (Ratt) all had their own problems, and I think Robbin had probably burned a bridge or two along the way because of the effects of his addictions. To say that he was without any guilt on his part would be naive. Junkies can be pretty destructive to themselves and everyone around them. Very sad story, indeed.

With that said, while Warren was (and is) an amazing guitar player, I find something very tasteful in the way Robbin would play solos as well. Not a lot of flash, but definitely a lot of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Curt (Hellraiser) & Sully were pretty tight with Robbin, but for the most part, it seems the guys in Ratt just left him out to dry with maybe the exception of Juan. Of course, they (Ratt) all had their own problems, and I think Robbin had probably burned a bridge or two along the way because of the effects of his addictions. To say that he was without any guilt on his part would be naive. Junkies can be pretty destructive to themselves and everyone around them. Very sad story, indeed.

With that said, while Warren was (and is) an amazing guitar player, I find something very tasteful in the way Robbin would play solos as well. Not a lot of flash, but definitely a lot of substance.
                        I am no angel either i was hooked on OC's for several years and finally got off em. they almost killed me
                        burned many a bridge myself and can relate to others with similar situations.
                        robbin was indeed a very gifted,tasteful player/writer
                        my comment about the heroine was only from what i had heard and not to mean ANY disrespect to him or his freinds.

Comment

y'know, i... eh, nevermind.

glad you got your oxy habit under control, and i wish you the best of luck in keeping those days behind you. addiction is an ugly thing.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

King was one of my favorites also. His "slowhand" still gets me to this day. He and Warren were one of the best one/two punches back in the day IMHO.

Comment

The First time I seen RATT I was 17. I told my mom I was going to a friends for the weekend. My friend did the same thing to his parents. We hoped a bus for Montreal. It was a long ride. But about 9 hours latter we were there. We bought some scalper tickets and we were in. I remember being so pumped up to Warren. At the time Jake E Lee was my Favorite guitar player. I always found Warrens and Jakes styles similar to me at the time.It was a great show but something changed for me at that show. Robbin hit the stage with Ratt and I could not believe this guy. His playing was incredible. Robbs solos were clean and tone was powerful. If you ever seen Robbin play live when he was on stage he demanded your attention. He was a great guitar player and performer. I saw Robbin play three times with RATT and I will never forget those shows.

Dogue

Comment

Working...
                              X