No announcement yet.

George Lynch's new project - Souls of We

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George was my favorite player and biggest influence when I was learning to play. I even used to have an autographed poster in a frame hanging in my bedroom.

That said, I haven't even heard this Souls of We stuff yet. I refuse to buy it. I've been burned by so many subpar projects he's released in recent years. Furious George was about the most disappointing. There was nothing furious about it. He's just not the same player he was back in the day. I guess Don Dokken got all of the "fire" in their lawsuit settlement (a track on the new Dokken cd is titled This Fire).
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

+1,Ralph E.That cd sucked.......
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        you know that IS a chick, right?

she's pretty f'g good from the clips I heard.
        Oh thank god..I thought he was pretty hot! :ROTF:

"Not that there is anything wrong with that"
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieP View Post
          George Lynch has a new project coming out, Souls of We, featuring former Brides of Destruction vocalist London LeGrand.
          The the hair dressing biz has got a little slow again, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
            George was my favorite player and biggest influence when I was learning to play. I even used to have an autographed poster in a frame hanging in my bedroom.

That said, I haven't even heard this Souls of We stuff yet. I refuse to buy it. I've been burned by so many subpar projects he's released in recent years. Furious George was about the most disappointing. There was nothing furious about it. He's just not the same player he was back in the day. I guess Don Dokken got all of the "fire" in their lawsuit settlement (a track on the new Dokken cd is titled This Fire).
            That's a little harsh. I thought lynch pilson was good.

Dokken and the first lynch mob cd was his best work, but that said noone has his tone and feel.

Comment

Lynch/Pilson was good, but mostly on a songwriting level, which had a lot to do with Jeff Pilson. Plus, his vocals were outstanding. What about the guitar solos on that release? Bland, uninspired, and utterly forgettable. I'm sorry, but that's my opinion. Yours may be different.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Bland, uninspired, and utterly forgettable.
                I think that sums up his work since the early 90's very well. Maybe add awful tone (from a guy who used to have one of the best tones IMO) to that list for complete accuracy

Comment

Watch out, Lynch's dojo members will start kung-fooing some serious ass.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

GL may have lost a step or two, but nothing as bad as some detractors say.
                    I've heard some great playing from him over the past several years.
                    I guess the drug issues make his live performances uneven, from what I've heard. he's always been on when I've seen him (Dokken and Lynch Mob).

some of those riffs on the samples were badass.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I"ll just keep re listening to the first Lynch Mob Cd... this is generic
                      sounding to me.. It's over Johnny! I mean George!

Comment

Maybe he should have gone to "spin dry" with Don...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          I"ll just keep re listening to the first Lynch Mob Cd... this is generic
                          sounding to me.. It's over Johnny! I mean George!
                          The first cd with Oni Logan was cool, but the second one with Robert Mason singing was even better, IMO.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                            what the fuck is penelope cruz doing in the band? LOL!
                            Look closely, it's actually Jack Bauer in the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The first cd with Oni Logan was cool, but the second one with Robert Mason singing was even better, IMO.
                              Nah the second one lacked the edge of the first one. Nothing sounds like wicked sensation and imo every track on the first record bar the first 2 pop single ones are incredibly well crafted. The first 2 always seem to sound seperate to the rest of the record for some reason.

Comment

I thought the tone on the 2nd Lynch Mob was better than the first - much more "raw" - less produced. I'm a Rob Mason fan too. Much better singer - he could actually pull it off live. Oni was usually to fucked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X