No announcement yet.

George Lynch's new project - Souls of We

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Oni was hit or miss. When Lynch Mob reunited around 2000, 2002 (whenever, I can't really remember) I saw them, it was Oni's birthday, he came on stage and sang happy birthday to himself. He was so fucked up, he forgot the words to some Lynch Mob and Dokken songs. George's tone also sucked and he had his back to the audience half the time.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's my take on the 2 original Mob cds.

Wicked Sensation: great songs, great guitar tone, smokin' solos, Lynch was on fire and at his peak

Self Titled 2nd Album: noticable change in Lynch's guitar tone for the worse unfortunately, songs not as strong as previous album, solos not quite as great as previous album, but featured Robert Mason who I think is the better vocalist.

Anyone heard the Revolution cd? Mostly disappointing guitar wise, but Robert's vocals kick major ass. I actually like this version of Tangled In The Web better than the original. It's way heavier and without the horns.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

yeah i dug revolution. I liked what they did rythm wise with kiss of death. Cold is the heart was good too

Comment

I haven't listened to it yet.... but I wanted to buy it because of the cool album cover with Robert Johnson
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            ...and he had his back to the audience half the time.
            Not unusual - same thing at Monsters Of Rock in '88, and with the Lynch Mob in '92...

Would you call that the mark of a real player, and maybe not an entertainer?

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
              yeah i dug revolution. I liked what they did rythm wise with kiss of death. Cold is the heart was good too

Re-evloution was not too bad - Mason shined more than George. George did that damn down-tuned stuff he's so into these days. I get the "modernizing" thing, but that doesn't automatically equate to "tune down to B"...

I liked Lynch/Pilson, and thought "Furious George" wasn't bad - different though. At least it wasn't tuned down. I think Viv Campbell's blues albums was a little better than GL's...

Comment

What about Lynch Mob's "Smoke This"..that's a lovely album?
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Not unusual - same thing at Monsters Of Rock in '88, and with the Lynch Mob in '92...

Would you call that the mark of a real player, and maybe not an entertainer?
                  ahhh the infamous Lynch pout.. not too unlike the Galaxy Theater fiasco where he put his back to the crowd and solo'd/noodled non-stop stepping all over every other player AND the vocals.lol.
                  DiMarzio Endorsee
                  www.dimarzio.com
                  Morley Endorsee
                  www.morley.com
                  "Intelli-Shred" author
                  www.myspace.com/intellishred
                  NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    What about Lynch Mob's "Smoke This"..that's a lovely album?

Comment

Souls of wee.......:ROTF:

Comment

Souls of Wii...the game!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                          Dokken and the first lynch mob cd was his best work, but that said noone has his tone and feel.
                          While I agree that no one perfectly nails Lynch's classic feel and tones, I think Jon Levin does a great job.

And for someone perhaps even closer to GL is someone from your country: Jay Parmar. He's an awesome player and avowed Lynch fanatic. In fact, Jay helped put together a Lynch tribute disc. Check out this video (which was done at the request of a friend of Jay's who wanted a sample of GL-style playing): Jay Parmar. There are several other clips of Jay on there that I just noticed. I've corresponded some with Jay and he's a great guy. His solo disc is probably something you'd really dig.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Souls of Wii...the game!
                            That's it- Band name is ruined. Winnah, Horns!

Vass

Comment

Working...
                            X