Lynch / Laiho NAMM Jam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch / Laiho NAMM Jam?

I guess this might have been cool to see in person but wow, this does not sound so terrific.

George Lynch and Alexi Laiho at the ESP Booth jamming it up at NAMM 2008
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

The audio quality is so bad it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. I'm going to withold judgement.

Comment

Yeah, maybe that's part of the problem, its like they seemingly start off playing together then it just turns random.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

i think its just an improv jam... but yea you're right doesn't sound very good at all.. poor sound quality to though.. oh well still 2 great guitarists!

Comment

why is George playing with a bunch of assclowns lately?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            I am not a COB fan or anything but Laiho can surely play.

Comment

Trying to "recapture" his youth - or at least seem relevant to the youngins'... I don't get it either. The guy has an amazing legacy/pedigree, and from what I can see, he just continues to ruin it minute by minute...

George STILL doesn't play well with others - the reason he and Don hated each other so much. George wouldn't let Don play in his own band...

Comment

I was wondering the opposite... why is Alexi playing with that assclown?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

two cats fucking
                  "POOP"

Comment

It's like watching two kids who dont know how to take turns.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Good thing that video was labeled. Otherwise I would have assumed that was a jam session between some random trucker dude and Jay from "Clerks".

Seriously, Alexi did really good work on the Sinergy and early COB records, but what I've heard more recently sounds sloppy and less inspired.

Comment

I waited outside the ESP room at NAMM to get into this, but you had to be "on the list." I was pissed at the time, but now I see I missed nothing but a headache.

It seemed like George didn't want to give the other guy a chance to solo. Stupid.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          Yeah, maybe that's part of the problem, its like they seemingly start off playing together then it just turns random.
                          Yep, my thoughts as well and including bad audio too.
                          I saw this on youtube awhile back and got about 30 seconds into it and moved on. Not enough going on to hold my interest.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
                            I am not a COB fan or anything but Laiho can surely play.
                            He can play, he just can't sing!

Comment

I didn't know there was a GC booth at NAMM :ROTF: I love Lynch's playing but that was just too much of a free for all for me!
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X